Overlord x Reader

You were at Steep Wisdom hiding from no one in particular...actually that was a fat lie and only you knew it. Everyone looked at you and saw and innocent, shy, happy girl who never saw a shadow. They were wrong. Everyone was wrong. You had a crush. Except it could never happen. It wouldn't even work. The only person that caught your eye was the Overlord. He's here at the party that was going on right now. The Overlord met no harm to anyone and just manifested himself in the corner. The others made sure to keep their distance. You were right across from him in the opposite wall. Your phone covered half your face and headphones in your ears as PIXAL stood next to you talking about who knew what. Sensei had some guts to invite him here. You knew the truth. The truth of the Overlord's anger. The truth of his actions. He was lonely. He was afraid. Afraid to show his true self. The Overlord in your eyes looked as if you were looking in a mirror. You were sad. Alone. The more your thought the more you wanted to ball up into a corner and cry.

"Yo Y/N!"screamed Lloyd moving your headphones away.

"What."you grunt rubbing your ear in pain.

"Um...the guys wanted to ask you if you wanted to play 7 Minutes In Heaven."he chuckles."Of course it's your choice if you want to play b-"

"Fine. You don't need to ramble on."you chuckle.

You face the others who were sitting on the couch and near the bowl in the middle. The guys put something in the bowl each representing themselves in a way. You were surprised when Lloyd invited the Overlord to play. A blush filled your face as you thought about getting him. You guess Lloyd took the advice Sensei gave him. The only way to get rid of an enemy is to make them your friend. You show a soft smile until the bowl is finally shoved in front of your face. You roll your eyes as you grab a container filled with...DARK FREAKING MATTER?! Cole grabs it from you hand and whips the thing at Zane who caught it and went to place it somewhere safe.

"Was that even necessary?"you giggle looking at the Overlord.

He just softly chuckles and you walk into the closet before the others could stop you. The door closes and darkness filled the room. You stood there shifting on your feet occasionally to keep them awake as you feel your mind pushing you to say something.

"So...hi."you smile.

Bright red eyes appear in front of you, staring into your soul, yet you still flashed your genuine smile.

"What do you want?"he asks.

"I just wanted to talk to you...abou-"he cuts you off as a force pushes you against the wall.

"If this is about immortality I am not interested in your greed."he coldly remarks.

"I-It's not about that. I want to help you. I want to help you...feel."you say.

"I do not want your help."

With that you feel the force pull away from you and the bright red eyes dim into the darkness.

"Why not?"you ask bluntly.

The red eyes thinned in anger.

"You're lonely. You're afraid of showing your true side to others, thinking they wouldn't accept you for who you are!"you cry.

The eyes that threatened to eat you away changed. Into a nearly sad expression.

"I know you want to help."he speaks rashly."I just do not want anything terrible to happen to you...Y/N."

"I'm not afraid. I know how it feels. To be alone and afraid. To feel like you aren't accepted."

You pull up the sleeve of your hoodie to see the past. Lied out in thin white scars. Scars that will stay there for life. Scars that you regret. But, they were a reminder...to stay strong.

"I remember back when...when every breath I took was painful. It was a reminder I was still alive. A reminder that I was hated."

A tear slips down your cheek but the Overlord wiped it away and pulled you into a hug.

"I am sorry. I never met for you to do that to yourself."he says.

"What do you mean?"you sniffle.

"I am shadow. I am everything that is wrong in the world. I caused this."he states hugging you even tighter."I am sorry."

"It's okay. I forgive you."

You hug him back and the door suddenly swings open. Everyone looks at the two of you. As they were about to object you turned your face, wet with tears to face them. Showing that the Overlord was there to help you.

"We are here for you Y/N. Always."