Making friends

"See, you're meeting new people and everyone really likes you!" Caspar exclaimed as you walked side by side with him down seemingly one of the only quiet hallways in the massive hotel you were all piled in for VidCon.

It was fairly early in the morning, you figured everyone was sleeping off their hangovers from the giant opening day party last night that ran into the wee hours of the morning.

"Yeah, it's really nice." You admitted, playing with your guest lanyard around your neck, nodding a little bit.

Caspar had drug you from South Africa with him, he hadn't given you much of a choice, as you recalled him throwing things into your suitcase, you sitting on your bed, watching him. Telling you this was going to be; 'the best thing in the world'. "I told you, you needed to get out more." He laughed.

Your eyes rolled, looking over and up in his direction, giving him a look, "I thought you meant out more, like to the movies or the beach... Not halfway across the world." You muttered, watching his eyes twinkle in delight. "To be fair, there IS a beach." He smirked.

"Don't be a smart ass, Casp." You muttered now, shaking your head and holding back a laugh. "You're meeting all my friends! And I think some of them like you more than me now." He pouted.

"What can I say, I am wonderful." You grinned, stopping at your door, swiping your keycard, you pushed the door open walking in. "You get it from me, you know – your brother." Caspar winked following you inside, he kicked off his shoes and ran by you, flinging himself onto the Queen sized bed, fixing a pillow to support his neck.

Caspar and you had been the best of friends forever, you had done everything together, shared everything, you were inseparable to the point people thought you two were dating – you guys had kissed a few times back in the day, but in the long run, you were both like brother and sister. "Yeah, that's definitely it." You tone of sarcasm made him glare at you, while grinning.

Sitting on the chair at the desk, you crossed your legs over, drumming your fingers on the desk lightly, biting the inside of your cheek, staring at Caspar, who was now scrolling through his phone.

"What?" He finally glanced up, "I could feel your eyes staring deep into the pit of my soul." He said dramatically, putting his phone down on his chest. "Nothing." You said casually, looking away pulling your own phone from your pocket. "No, no." He sat up a little on the bed, "what?" He asked again.

"(Y/N)..." He said sternly, as you ignored him, your finger scrolling through your Twitter mentions. "Hey look, Alli Speed said it was awesome to meet me last night." You turned your phone to show him the screen, with a picture of you guys someone had taken last night.

"That's great. What's up?" He dismissed you trying to distract him, the only person that tactic no longer worked on was Caspar and you sighed. "Have you any idea WHAT you're doing to me today?" You asked in a breathless voice, narrowing both eyes at him.

Caspar squinted his eyes shifting back and forth slowly as he raked his brain trying to figure out what you might be on about. "No?" He asked cluelessly. "You're leaving me alone with your strange friend!" You exclaimed standing up from the chair.

The realisation had washed over his face and he started to laugh, you stepped back as he got off the bed, "you're worried about hanging out with Joe for a couple of hours by yourself?" He asked you, both his eyebrows raised.

"Yes! I don't know the guy... And frankly, someone with a thigh gap of that nature cannot be trusted." You matter-of-factly said, crossing your eyes against your chest. "You shut up!" You snapped as Caspar burst into laughter, doubling over nearly, his arms around his stomach as he laughed. "Someone with a thigh gap of that nature?!" He exclaimed between fits of laughter.