Rainy

"Brrr." You mumbled in a shiver to yourself as you rounded the corner of the pavement heading up the street, the large industrial construction zone to your right across the street was silent on this grey and chilly Sunday afternoon. Tiny raindrops were hitting you in the face in a steady stream as you walked.

You felt your feet sliding in your soaking wet sneakers, your jeans felt heavy as the light blue denim had gone a dark shade of blue from the water they retained, along with your grey hooded sweater now looking almost black.

Not to mention your (length), (colour) hair was dripping the cold rain water down your neck.

Making it up the steps, your shoes squeaked, digging into your pocket for your keys to the flat, bottom lip trembling from the chill the rain had caused your body, you finger trips felt numb.

Undoing the lock and pushing the door open you walked inside... Dropping your equally wet backpack onto the hardwood floor.

As if the sound of the lock and footsteps hadn't alerted Joe of your arrival the 'thud' of your backpack did and you heard the footsteps coming up the steps by twos.

First his hair appeared, followed by his head and finally him, standing at the top of the stairs his bright smile faded as he looked you over.

"Babe!" He exclaimed, "what happened?" He asked, rushing over to you, he wore nothing but a pair of black sweat pants and it made you shiver just looking at him.

"I don't even wanna talk about it." You admitted honestly, standing in a puddle of water that dripped off your clothes, it angered you a little bit. "Awh, come here!" Joe said extending his arms and before you could protest it, he wrapped them around your soaked body and pulled you into his chest, squeezing you.

"Babe, you're frozen." He whispered concerned, his hands rubbing up and down your back in attempts to warm you up, while being soaked and chilly, you could feel the warmth from Joe's body and it felt wonderful, closing your eyes for a second you enjoyed the feeling.

"Yeah, the tube terminated early at Westminster and the bus that would've taken me to the stop across the street was out of service, so I tried to be London-smart and figure it out but I ended up in Waterloo central... Backwards from here." You said in a flustered state.

You had lived in London not very long, and visited many times, while you were pretty good with the transit systems, sometimes you still had small slip ups.

"Awh, babe! Why didn't you text me? I would've come and got you!" Joe said squeezing you even harder now. "My phone died... And I let Oli borrow my power bank... So I was on my own." You bit your lip, shivering as the heat from the flat had started warming the outside of your body along with Joe's body heat.

"My brave girl." He whispered, looking down at you, causing you to look up at him, your heart fluttered as he smiled a gentle smile. "Navigating London by herself... So brave." He kept his whispery tone. He was teasing you, but it was still sweet.

Leaning down just slightly, Joe pressed his lips against yours, returning his kiss, you brought your arms up to wrap around his neck, tilting your head carefully to deepen the kiss between the two of you.. Feeling his hands slowly run down from your back to your sides, holding you still close to him.

You both pulled away slowly. "You need to get out of those clothes... And warm up. How about you shower and I'll make you some tea?" He offered sweetly, you nodded...

You pealed your sneakers off slowly and the Atlantic Ocean spilled from them. "These were new!" You sighed dramatically, holding your shoes in your hand. "Just shoes, babe." Joe laughed softly, taking them from your hand and bringing them to the radiator in the kitchen, setting them on top...

... You had gone downstairs after taking your socks off, your feet hurt from being cold, pealing off your wet clothes, you left them on the washroom floor as you got into the shower, turning the water hot, and just standing there allowing the water to warm you.

Turning off the taps, you grabbed a fluffy white towel wrapping it around yourself after you towel dried your hair quickly.

Looking down on the closed lid of the toilet was a pair of (colour) fuzzy socks, a pair of your pyjama pants and a t-shirt you had stolen from Joe many moons ago on a sleep over at his house and your wet closed were gone from the floor, you hadn't even noticed Joe coming into the washroom and placing the dry clothes there for you.

Getting dressed, you hung the towel up and walked from the washroom. "Oh, jeez!" You said quickly seeing Joe sitting on his bed, laying back against the pillow above the covers.

"Sorry babe." He laughed a little not meaning to startle you. "Come, get in." He pulled the covers back on 'your' side of his bed, with a smile. You didn't hesitate you almost jumped from the washroom into the bed, pulling the blankets up quickly around you.

Finally starting to warm up. Joe slide closer to you, wrapping his arms around you tightly, letting your head rest on his chest.

"Warmer now?" He asked, you could tell he was glancing down at you and you nodded. "Much. Thank you." You smiled, looking up at him, you exchanged a quick kiss and he squeezed you. "Good." He said. "My brave girl... Battling the elements to be with me." He grinned and you laughed, while trying to uphold a serious expression with a factual nod. "Yes, yes she did."

"And that's why I love you." He said with a bigger smile. "I love you, too." You wrapped one arm around his mid-section, squeezing him lightly, rubbing your cheek against his chest. "Do you love me, or do you just love my body heat?" He teased you and you remained silent, as if thinking about it.

"The body heat is great." You grinned tormentingly. "But... I suppose it's you I love." You laughed, watching Joe's expression turn to a surprised looking one. "You suppose?!" He gasped, his eyes dancing with the twinkle of amusement. "Yup. I suppose." You smirked a little.

"Well!" He said sitting up a little straighter in bed. "I suppose, I'm just going to have to kiss you into submission of loving ME and not my body heat." He winked, kissing your lips quickly in small pecks, before moving his kisses to your jaw bone and up to your ear lobe... Down your earlobe to your neck.

Your giggling were soft, enjoying his kisses and his playfulness, your heart always fluttered from Joe's kisses just like the first time he had kissed you over a year ago at VidCon. "Okay, okay... I love YOU." You gave in, laughing now with flushed cheeks.

Joe slowed his kisses on your neck until stopping. Looking over you with a successful smile. "I knew I'd win." He winked, slipping under the covers with you, laying on his side, he pulled you close, face-to-face. "I just let you win." You tried to sound smug, poking the tip of his nose lightly. "Uh huh." He rolled his eyes, "sure Babe." He laughed. Kissing your forehead, "we'll let you think that for now." He added.

You laughed yourself with a small eye roll, your finger tips were running light patterns over his bare chest. "I love you so much." You admitted, trying to silence a yawn.

"I love you so much, too (Y/N)." He said.

You wrapped your arm around Joe as he did his with you, snuggling closer, your legs intermingled under the blankets, "Mm, warmth." You said in a sleepy voice happily, you hear a soft laugh escape Joe, while your eyes closed. The two of you drifting off for a nap...