Soup

"Ugh-argh-ahhh." Noises escaped your mouth as you rolled over in bed, your entire body ached from the inside out, your nose was stuffed and you could barely breathe without sounding like a 5-pack a day smoker – wheezing and coughing.

Pulling your arm from under your duvet that was your favourite colour, you reached for your red StarBucks tumbler cup, that you'd kept on your nightstand filled with cold water and lemon, you sucked around the straw and to your dismay you were met with discouraging sounds of emptiness.

"Ohh no." You dramatically whispered to yourself, "this is how it ends." You continued on with yourself, putting the lidded cup back on the nightstand.

You grabbed your phone as you coughed up what you assumed was part of your lung, the brightness of the screen caused your eyes to water slightly.

"Joeee..." You whimpered out loud to yourself as you texted your best friend; 'Please bring soup... Death is upon me.'.

No sooner then the message was sent, it was read and the three little dots indicating a reply was on it's way appeared on the screen; 'On my way, my Princess.' Joe replied and you couldn't help but crack a small smile in your harsh state...

Evening with feeling close to death and minutes like hours, you know it didn't take Joe very long to get here as you heard the sound of keys near your front door. "Jesus." You heard Joe whisper and you were concerned. "What's wrong?" You tried to yell but your vocal cords were having none of that, instead a sad attempt at yelling came out and your throat ached.

"You should really be careful with who you give your keys, too. I could've been an axe murderer." Joe said appearing in your bedroom from the hallway, staring at you. His hair was messy all over the place.

"I'd take it right about you." You spoke, before you started coughing in agony. "Oh you drama Queen." He muttered, in a tormenting way, "so, I went to the soup place and they didn't have soup." He explained.

"... The soup place, didn't have... Soup?" You questioned him, "well they did... But they didn't have chicken soup... And that's what you need to feel better, so I'm going to make you soup!" He held up the Aldi's bag in his hand. "Oh." You paused, "you're making me soup?" You questioned.

"Oh fine, you can stave and parish away." Joe said, waving your questioning tone and look at him away, turning around and walking out of your bedroom, "Joeee." You whined for him to come back.

Returning to your bedroom, Joe put the bag on the floor and walked over to you, you covered all but your eyes with your blanket. "Don't get too close, you'll get sick." You whispered.

"I suppose, you're worth it." He smiled, taking off his red hooded sweater, tossing it onto your computer chair and your heart melted. "Aw." You muttered. "Yeah, yeah – I know... I'm so sweet." He nodded before pausing and looking sombre, "yet, no one will love me." His eyes looked sad for a small second before you had time to react he pulled out his vlog camera pointing it at himself.

"So, we made it to (Y/N)'s... She hasn't died, but she looked pretty close to it." He said to the camera, before turning it on you, you hissed slightly, pulling the covers all the way over your head.

"Or maybe she's turning into a vampire," he joked, laughing at his own suggestion, "oh... Hey that isn't very nice!" He remarked, watching through the camera lens as you flashed the middle finger at him.

Walking over to you, he pulled the covers off your head with ease, holding the camera out to have the pair of you in frame. "You're not being very nice to someone who risked death to come over and make you soup." He was staring at you, grinning.