Pumpkins

"It's so gross! Ugh, my hands." Joe said scooping pumpkin guts from the pumpkin into a bowl, his hands covered in the stringy orange goo. "I told you – gloves." You smirked feeling very proud of yourself, you had picked up a pair of medical gloves from the shop to keep your hands from getting disgusting.

You were both carving pumpkins for Halloween only a couple days away, just for fun – surprisingly neither of you were filming a video.

"Yeah, yeah – shut up." He whispered, putting the spoon down he was using, using his arm to rub his nose. "Itchy – babe help." He said as he kept rubbing his nose on his arm.

You giggled as Joe turned to you, "stop laughing at me, help!" He said pleadingly, as you continued laughing, "fine, fine." You put your own spoon down on the table, pulling off a glove carefully you brought your finger up. "Here?" You asked poking the tip of his nose. "yes – itch!" He said quickly, you itched the tip of his nose.

"Oh god, yes, thank you." He whispered, pulling out the dramatics – his eyes rolling back into his head in 'pleasure' from your itch. "Oh stop." You rolled your eyes with amusement.

"Hey, it's a horrible feeling." He grabbed the towel on the table trying to clear off his hands.

"Yes babe, the end of the world it feels like." You nodded glancing at him, sticking his tongue out at you, he picked up his spoon again and dug back into his pumpkin.

"Oh god, it stinks." He whispered, with his face close to the pumpkin, scooping the bottom pieces out, "shit." He whispered, "it's in my hair! IT'S IN MY HAIR!" Joe exclaimed, standing up straight, looking up – his hair had fallen over into his eyes and pieces of pumpkin were stuck to it.

You couldn't help yourself as you started laughing. "Ewww." Joe whispered, pulling a stingy piece off himself and throwing it onto the table.

"(Y/N), it's in my hair." He whined looking at you, "oh. My. God." You said, giving up on finishing your pumpkin for the moment, taking your gloves off you used your clean hands to pick the pieces from Joe's hair.

"Ew." You laughed finding a seed you flicked it onto the table.

"Hold still." You said seriously, holding his hands up in surrender, Joe didn't move as you went downstairs quickly and returned a short minute later. "See, I didn't move, do I get a kiss?" He asked angelically puckering his lips at you, rolling your eyes, you blew a small breath at him sending his hair from his eyes, "hey." He whispered with one eye closed.

"I'm not kissing you when your hair looks like it belongs ten years ago back in school." You laughed, before you stood on your tip toes, giving him a soft kiss.

Joe grinned after your kiss, "hey – the emo fringe was an in thing." He nodded and you sighed, "I know..." You shook your head, "still is – I just can't pull it off." You laughed.

"Now to avoid anymore pumpkin in your hair, sit." You gestured to the chair. "Why?" He glanced behind himself before he sat down. "Oh no, (Y/N) – no." Joe said seeing the pink hair band in your hand. "Oh yes, Joe – yes." You nodded.

Pulling his hair from his face and pushing it up, you held it, wrapping the hair band around it, you laughed. "Awh – too cute." You smiled, seeing the small pony tail that stuck straight up and waves off at the top on the top of Joe's head.

"Glad you find this amusing." He muttered catching a glance of himself on the blackened screen of your MacBook. "I'd make a cute girl, right?" He asked, flicking his hair, before looking at you.

"Sure..." You said nodding, "the cutest." You added. "Can I tickle you with my hair?" He wondered tilting his head to the side bobbing it up and down a little against your arm.

"You're like a child." You laughed, "I know – but you love me!" He jumped up from the chair heading to the kitchen counter to grab the knifes you had set out for craving.

"I do – sometimes I wonder why, but I do." You teased and he gasped. "You wonder why?" He asked with a serious tone, but a smile across his lips, he put the knives down on the table, standing behind you, his arms slipped around your waist.

"You wonder why?" He asked again in a whisper, his face nuzzled against your neck, kissing it lightly. "Occasionally." You tormented him. "Hey!" He said, before he bit your neck lightly. "Joe!" You gasped before laughing. "Stop it." You tried pushing his face away from your neck.

"Well, tell me you love me ALL the time." He pressed, you could tell he was smiling even though you couldn't see his face. "Fine – I love you ALL the time." You assured him, "you and your pretty little ponytail." You laughed, "good." He laughed, leaning around he kissed your cheek, letting you go slowly.

You both went back to craving your pumpkins, which took a lot longer because you two kept tormenting and teasing one another.

But before the night was over, you had both finished your pumpkins, you had gone for the classic, triangle eyes and nose with a goofy smile.

Joe had tried to go for a scary face, but it ended up looking like a silly one, which resulted in you teasing him again and him putting pumpkin insides on your head, where you freaked out and started throwing pumpkin seeds at him.