Bad weather

Joe put the movie on and you were both snuggled up under your own blanket on the couch. It was friday night and your best friend Joe had invited you over for dinner and a movie. It was something you did quite often and you loved spending your nights with Joe. You had known him since elementary school and you had been best friends since. As you grew up you had started to develop a little crush on Joe but nothing major. You haven't told anyone because you knew that Joe just saw you as a friend.

"It's beginning omgggg," Joe exclaimed in a weird voice as the movie began, and you shook your head with a laugh.

"Weirdo," you said laughing, which made Joe laugh as well. You had the weirdest relationship with Joe and you loved that you could be completely yourselves around each other.

The movie was kind of boring but you knew Joe loved it so you had to stick through to the end. Suddenly a loud sound of thunder rolled through the flat and you both looked at each other with a surprised look.

"Sounds like a storm is coming," Joe said and you nodded in response. Storms were usually quite cozy when you were indoor, but you knew you had to walk home from Joe later that night, which made the storm not so cozy anymore.

"Let's hope it goes away when I'm heading home," you said with a laugh and Joe nodded with a grin.

The movie ended and you both yawned. It was past midnight and the storm was still going. The rain were hitting the windows in Joe's flat so hard that it sounded like they could break any time. You sighed loudly, which made Joe look at you with a laugh.

"Rest in piece to me for having to walk home in this weather," you said sarcastically and Joe looked at you with a pout.

"Well, you can just stay the night if you want. I'll sleep on the sofa," Joe suggested and shrugged his shoulders. His suggestion made butterflies fly around in your belly, and you couldn't help but blush a bit.

"I don't want to intrude and take over your bed," you said and Joe rolled his eyes.

"Stop being so humble and please take over my bed. I don't want you to die in that weather," Joe said and just the fact that he seemed worried about you, made you smile.

"On one condition though..." you said with a smirk and Joe looked at you with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" he asked confused and you smiled.

"I make breakfast because you suck at cooking," you said with a cheeky smile and Joe threw a pillow at you, which made both of you laugh.

"I'm good at making cereal, okay?" Joe said with a pout and you shook your head with a smile.

"Sureeeeee," you said with a skeptical smile and Joe laughed at you. It became silent between you for a minute before you could feel Joe's eyes on you. You turned your head and your eyes met his blue ones. For a moment you both just stared at each other before Joe began smiling.

"What are you doing, weirdo?" you asked him and Joe stood up from the couch before putting out a hand for you to take. You looked confused at his hand before taking it.

"Come with me, I'm gonna take the princess to her castle for the night," Joe then said and you rolled your eyes at him with a grin.

"Thank you very much," you said as you stood up and curtseyed for him before following him.

"Are you my weirdo prince then?" you asked as you walked down the stairs to Joe's room and it wasn't before the question had left your mouth you realized what you had just implied. You expected Joe to look at you with horror, but instead he smiled at you with admiration. You could feel yourself blush like crazy as your hands were still intertwined.

"If I'm your prince, it would be wrong to let you sleep alone," Joe said with a smirk as you entered the room. He had still not let your hand go and you looked at him with a cheeky smile.

"I think you're right," you answered as Joe pulled you closer to him. You had no idea what was about to happen but you knew you would love it. Your belly tickled as Joe looked straight into your eyes, and for a moment you disappeared into his light blue eyes. You forgot time and place as Joe moved his head closer to yours. You closed your eyes and suddenly you felt Joe's lips on yours in a deep kiss. You had never expected this to happen and you literally felt fireworks go off in your belly. It was amazing and you wanted the kiss to last forever, but eventually you pulled apart. You looked at each other with a smile and you both blushed thinking about what had just happened.

"What just happened?" Joe asked with a laugh, which made you laugh as well.

"I have no idea," you answered and looked down at the floor in embarrassment.

"Do you wanna try again?" Joe asked and his straightforwardness made you laugh out loud.

"That sounds like a good idea," you answered with a smirk and Joe smiled before kissing you once again. It was so weird kissing your best friend but at the same time it felt amazing. You had no idea where to go from here, but now you knew that Joe felt the same way you did and that was enough for you.