fifty

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

The Governor told Rick that he wanted us dead. That he wanted to kill us all, and take the prison for himself. We weren't going to have that though. Hershel was willing to leave, just so we didn't have to fight. He was the only one who wanted to leave though, the rest of us, we were ready to fight.

Maggie and I sat across from each other in her bunk. We were talking about before, on our jobs, what we did for fun. I learned that as a kid, she wasn't the best. I laughed at it, along with her, on how she used to be gods worse nightmare. It was funny to see someone so kind, but so strong, in a new perspective.

After our talk we headed out to the main area, finding everyone sort of follow us in there. Rick had walked in and told us what The Governor said. It shocked mostly everyone but myself. It was obvious he wanted us all dead, he came and killed one of us only a few days before. It was weird to me on how he had the guts to tell Rick, right to his face.

Rick kept glancing at Hershel and Daryl. It made me feel as if he wasn't telling us the full story, that their was something he wasn't telling us. I glance over at Glenn who was squinting his eyes at Rick, obviously noticing that something was off. I looked back at Rick, who seemed to have a loss of words at the end of his big speech about how The Governor wanted us dead.

Carl and Emma had decided to go take watch again, leaving Glenn and I to have nothing to do. We could have taken watch at the bridge, but we weren't really in the mood. We sat next to each other for a while, just talking, it was nice. For some reason, I had the feeling we needed to check on those teenagers though. Something in my gut was telling me they were doing something wrong.

"Lets go check on Carl and Emma." I say after a few moments of silence. He looked at me confused, trying to figure out where my sudden burst of energy to check on them came from. "I feel like their doing something again." I add, basically reminding him of all the times we almost walked in on them. Glenn smiled slightly, and nodded his head.

We rushed out, and headed to the watch tower they were supposedly in. Looking up, we notice that they aren't on the outside of it.

"Maybe they aren't in this one?" Glenn whispers, after I told him to be quiet before we headed outside. I look at him and shrug, before silently heading inside the tower. He follows me, as we head up the stairs, stopping suddenly in the middle. I look back at Glenn, who was a few steps behind me. His eyes widen slightly, and mouths falls open when we hear what was happening.

"Carl, wheres that condom Glenn gave you?" Emma asks from above us. They hadn't heard us yet, which was slightly good for us. Glenn's hands go to his back pocket, and he pulls out a golden wrapper. I roll my eyes and stile a laugh at how he always carries one around with him. A smile flashes on my face as I continue hearing them walk around, as if checking things for a condom, I toss it up, having it hand somewhere near them.

The sound of it landing was light, light enough for them not to notice. A few moments later, I hear Carl find it, excitement coming through his voice.

"Finally." Emma breath out, and I hear shuffling again. I turn to Glenn again, and nod my head, taking now the time to make our presence known.

"Hey guys, glad you found the condom, make sure you say thanks to Glenn. We can take your watch now and if you want, go somewhere else and have your now protected sex. Glenn throws a hand over his eyes as Emma was only in her bra and underwear. I glance over at him and smirk, the two teenagers in front of us stood horrified, embarrassment all over their faces.

As soon as Emma gets completely dressed, I nudge Glenn. He uncovers his eyes, a smile coming onto his face. Carl and Emma's faces are plastered with embarrassment still, wishing they were more careful.

"Maybe next time sport." Glenn says, patting Carl's shoulder as he walked by. I chuckle a little, before grabbing one of the machine guns from the wall, and going to the outside of the water tower. Glenn comes next to me and looks at me with a smirk."You really don't want them to have any fun, huh?" He asks me, I look at him and shrug, a small smile on my face.

"Ratha' not have any little Emma or Carl's running around. They are enough as it is." I say with a grin. He continues to look at me, a smile on his face, leaning in he kisses my lips.

"I wont let him have this place." He whispers to me after a few moments of silence between us. I somehow ending up wrapped in his arms. Automatically I know who he is talking about, and turn my head to look at him.

"He wont, he can't just come here and take it." I say, shaking my head. He nods his head agreeing with me.

*****

Michonne was gone, Merle was gone, and now Daryl was chasing after them. It left the group in worry, there being very little of us even when just three members leave. Somehow, we accepted Merle into the group, well everyone but Glenn and I did. Even Carol spoke to him, but I could tell she didn't trust him.

Rick walked in front of the group, we were all gathered where we had met after Lori and T-Dogs death. Rick looked down, guilt in his eyes as he stood in front of us.

"What I said last year, that first night after the farm... it can't be like that. It can't. What we do, what we're willing to do, who we are - it's not my call. It can't be. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because... we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here, not me. This is life and death. How you live, how you die - it isn't up to me. I'm not your governor. We choose to go. We choose to stay. We stick together. " He says to us, pausing for a moment. He sighs before running a hand through his hair, "When I met with The Governor, he said he would leave us alone if I gave him Michonne. Now, Merle is going to do the trade, and Daryl is going after him to stop it. I don't know if he is already there, I don't know if I just gave someone's life away. I will find a way to get her back if I did, because what I did, that's not me. That's not this group."