nine

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

The people that were ours got buried.  Many were crying, others just stood emotionless. 

Kendall, Emma, and I had no clue what to do, we had never spoken to half the people. Carl and Emma were leaning on one another, there hands touching.

Everyone else stood a foot or so away from people.

After the funeral, Shane began going on and on about leaving. Everyone agreed, after what had happened last night.

"I say we go to Fort Benning, its an army base, people, protection, and supplies." Shane says to us, trying to convince us to go. Rick buts in, trying to convince us to go somewhere else,

"The CDC, they might be working on a cure." He pauses, and points to the RV where Jim was, "A cure, it could save his life." He adds.

"What ones further?" I ask, they both turn to me, then the map.

"About the same, 100 miles." Shane says, but shakes his head,

"Fort Benning is the better option here." He looks at Rick as he says this, but Rick refuses.

"Jim is sick, we should find if there's a cure, to save a mans life." Rick pleads, Shane sighs and just nods his head.

"We leave tomorrow morning, in the mean time pack the cars with stuff you wont need for the rest of the day. " Shane says, stomping off towards the water.

Turning on my heels, I go to Glenn and I's tent. As I open it I see the mess from last night.

"Jesus." A voice from behind me says, I automatically recognize it as Glenn. I laugh and start to clean it up, putting it back in the bag it came in. Glenn goes and starts to clean up the bed.

"Do you think the CDC is still going?" He asks me. I think for a moment, 'How could it still be going? Wouldn't there be a cure by now?'

"No." I say bluntly. He sighs,

"Same. There would be something to show us by now. A sign." He tells me. I nod my head, packing my things.

"Ill bring your stuff to the truck." I say, he smiles nods at me.

As I walk up to the cars, I notice the car Glenn andI drove was being stripped clean.

"Really?" I say to them, frowning slightly. They all shrug,

"RV needs a new hose." Rick says, I sigh and continue walking to the truck, placing Glenn and I's things inside. When I get back, I see Glenn with the same expression I did.

"Look at them! Go on, strip it clean!" He yells lightly, walking towards the car and placing his hand on it. "I thought I would get at least one more go at it."  He mumbles, before walking back to the tent to take it down.

****

The next morning, we all rushed into the cars, prepared for todays journey. Glenn and I stepped into the RV, sitting at the table across from Andrea.

"Wheres Emma and Kendall?" I ask, to no one in particular.

"Emma is with Rick and them. Kendall hopped in the truck with T-Dog." He says to me. I nod, and take out my knife, playing with it in my hands.

/3rd/

The blue compass was packed full. The raven haired women, The ex-Sheriff, the young boy and short dirty blonde. The dirty blonde rested her head on the young boy.

He slide his hand into hers, earning a small smiles from the girl. Rick looked in the rear view mirror, and noticed the small action. He smirked lightly and nudged Lori. She smiled at the two, who had not noticed the adults had seen them.

The dirty blonde slowly closed her eyes, the feeling of a thumb rubbed against the back of her hand.

In the old RV, the people felt slightly crowded. The golden haired girl, was fairly close to the Korean boy. He didn't mind though.

At this point, he wouldn't care what she did with him, as long as she was there.

Yes, Glenn had developed feelings for the new girl. He didn't want to make a move yet though, knowing that she didn't trust anyone at this camp and could leave at any moment.

He didn't think she would though. The way they hung out the night after the attacks, had been as if they were friends for awhile.

Glenn was happy for this, he felt as if there was something. Something he could work his way into.

The golden hair girl continues to play with her knife. She twisted it in her fingers, spinning it in circles.

The Korean boy watched, almost amused. He thought it was cute on how focused she was, but yet also worried she would hurt herself. He just wanted her to be safe.

Glenn was confused about these feelings, he knew he had a crush on the golden haired girl, but he's never had a crush like this. This was new to him.

"The longer you stare at my knife, the more I want to stab myself with it." The golden girl jokes, but it comes out slightly serious.

The boys eyes widen, and he smiles slightly. She smirks back, and continues to fiddle with her knife.

He wonders what her life before this was. She never spoke about it much, except that she was in school for being an FX Makeup artist and that she knew Emma, Kendall and the Cassidy girl before the out break.

He wonders if she had a boyfriend, or if she was even straight. 'Maybe she was a lesbian?' He thought, but shook the thought when he remembers how when he put his hands around her, she didn't say anything.

"What you thinking about?" The golden hair girl asked him, snapping him out of his thoughts about her. He looked at her and said the first thing that came to his mind,

"Are you a lesbian?" He says. Everyone that was in the RV turned to him, small laughs were held back. His eyes widen at what he had said, he went to cover it up but the golden haired girls laugh was replacing the empty air,

"Of course not, I like di-" She goes to finish her sentence but notices Sophia in the corner, head tilted to the side watching.

"I like guys." She covers, laughing, along with everyone else.