thirty eight

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

I sat by Hershel's bed with Maggie and Beth. Carol had stabilized his breathing, and now it was just the waiting game. His leg was still bleeding slightly, but was better than before.

"How is he?" Glenn asks, walking into the room. He stood in the doorway, a pair of handcuffs in his hand. I glances at them then him, and he gave me a sorry look. Standing up, I grab the handcuffs from him, and go back over to Hershel. "It's for safety." He tells us, and we nod.

Carl rushes in suddenly, a bag in hand. He throws it to the ground, opening it up. Everyone gasps when they see that Carl had found medical supplies.

"Where did you get this!?" Carol asks, going through the bag and grabbing things that she needs. Lori looks at him then the bag confused.

"I found the infirmary , got everything out of it." He says proudly, looking at all of us. Glenn glances at me then back to Carl.

"By yourself!?" Lori shouts, staring at him. He shrugs and nods,

"Yea, it was easy. I had to take down two walkers." He says, as if it was nothing. Lori's face turns to a shocked look, as everyone looks at him slightly shocked as well.

"You're not suppose to leave the cell block Carl!" She shouts at him. She closes her eyes for a moment before re opening and staring at him. "Look I know you were try to help-" She goes to say but Carl cuts her off.

"Than get off my back!" He shouts at her as Emma walks into the room. She looks at him then Lori,

"Carl! She is your mom, shes suppose to worry about you damn it!" Emma yells at him. Carl looks at her and his eyes soften, nodding his head. She grabs his hand and walks out of the cell. Lori sighs and walks out of the room, probably to go talk to them

"I'm going to go cut some of his pants for him." Beth says standing up and walking away. Maggie gives her a weird look, as if asking why. Beth notices and looks between her and Hershel. "When he starts to move around again, he will trip over the pant leg dragging." She says and goes to walk out but Maggie stops her.

"We don't-we don't know if he is going to wake up." Maggie says to her, looking from Hershel to her. Beth looks at her hurt, then walks out. I look down, slightly shocked Maggie had said that to her. "She has hope, for something that most likely wont happen." She says to me, tears in her eyes. I look at her and nod my head,

"Give her time." I say, before Lori walks back in. She looks at Hershel and sighs before leaving again.

"Kalee." Glenn says walking into the cell. I look at him, not even noticing that he had left. "We have watch." He says and I nod, glancing at Maggie then walking out.

We head to the watch tower, running up the steps. As we get up, I grab one of the machine guns we had placed up in all of the towers, leaving the other for Glenn.

"Do you think he will pull through." I ask, as we rest our elbows against the reeling. I look at him to see him thinking, not knowing what to say. "He had his leg chopped off, lost so much blood and we have no clue what could happen. We don't know his blood type, we can't even help him on that aspect-" I ramble, as Glenn pulls me into a hug.

"He might pull through, he got bit and lost his leg in the same day. If he does wake up, things wont be the same." He says to me. I nod my head and let him go, looking out into the woods. "What do you think of the prisoners?" He asks me, I think for a moment silently.

"Leader one is a pig, blonde one looks like a perv. Tall black guy looks nice, and the rest of them just look straight up creepy. They all are in prison for a reason though." I say to him. He nods agreeing with me.

"Rick, Daryl and T brought them all down somewhere to kill some walkers. See if they even know how to." He says to me, fixing the gun he was holding.

"We need to do some target practice of some of the people in group again. Beth hasn't even killed a walker yet and its been what, two years?" I say to him, he looks at me and nods. We just stand their in a comfortable silence, until Emma and Carl walk up.

"Hershel, he's awake." Emma says, a smile coming to her face. I look at Glenn as a smile forms on both of our faces.

"I knew it." I said, and rushed past Emma and Carl. When I got to his cell, he was sitting up, a smile on his face.

"Didn't think I would go that easy did you?" He said. At that time it was around 11 at night, he had been pasted out for around 12 hours.

"Thank god you up." I say to him, pulling him into a small hug. Glenn walked in and Hershel looked at him and nodded. Glenn smiled, nodding back and leaned against the door frame. Rick, Daryl and T make their way back into the cell block. They walk in, noticing Hershel was now awake.

"You had us all scared earlier, you stopped breathing." Rick says, glancing at Lori. Lori had given him CPR, saving his life.

"You cant get rid of me that easy." He jokes and lays back down. "Anything happen while I was out?" He asks, and Rick nods, looking over at where I was talking to the prisoners earlier that day.

"After I...prisoners came out. Brought them around with Daryl and T, they couldn't kill walkers for the life of them. One of them got bit, after we got away, went to go clear out a different part of the prison. One through a walker at me and tried to kill me. Pulled his gun on me and I ended up killing him. Another one ran and the other two are in their own cell block. No one go to cell block D without a gun, and someone else with you." Rick says, not only to Hershel but everyone.

We all nod, some people shocked that he had killed someone. I walk away, not caring. Glenn catches up to me, grabbing my hand.

"You okay?" He asks. I nod my head, giving him a small smile. "Lets head to bed, its like midnight." He says, and begins to walk up the steps to our room. I follow him and relax onto the bed next to him.

"Its weird suddenly having a room, and no longer having to drive and walk everywhere." I say to him, as he wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer and nods his head.

"You'll get used to it." He says to me, as I turn and put my face into his chest. "We'll get used to it."

-----

Vote and Comment <3

Thanks for 140 votes and 344 reads <3

-

K