one

|3 weeks since the world went to shit|

  "We are almost in the city." I say, the gun on my back bounces as we walk along the empty highway. " It looks empty guys." I add on after a moment if silence.

"They could be in the buildings?" Cassidy says, but it comes out more of a question. I look down and shake my head, holding back a slight laugh.

"Look at the towers, that look like people are alive living in them?" Emma scoffs. I continue to walk forward, hoping there could be somebody there.

"Why are we even entering the city? Is it even worth it?" Kendall questions. I stop in my tracks and turn around.

"Look, if y'all want to turn around a go find somewhere else, go. I ain't screwin' around. If no one is here, which hell looks like no one is so far, im lookin' for supplies. We need stuff to survive, we need a bigger group at that. Thesepast weeks are the first time you guys shot a gun and its hard teaching you and protecting myself. " I snap.

"Shes right." Emma says, "Kalee is right." She nods her head looking at me. I nod my head at her and turn back to walking.

"Better be at least some chocolate somewhere in there." Kendall mumbles and I chuckles.

As we enter the city, we notice the roads are empty, weird. We continue to walk looking at the different stores, but none that we need. Turning the corner, I see why the roads behind us were empty.

"Shit." Cassidy whispers. I go to turn back but notice that the road that was empty before, was no longer.

"We are fucking trapped!" Emma says cocking her gun. I start to breath heavily as I turn in circles.

"We gotta fight through! Come on!" Cassidy yells and cocks her gun as well. I quickly pull the AK45 off my body and place it in my hands. I shoot the geeks closer to us, spinning around, noticing more coming.

"We gotta close in some where!" I yell over the shots. The girls nod thwir heads and follow me, running down a side walk slowly closing in on us with the dead.

Suddenly in the ally ahead of us a Korean boy pops out,

"Not dead! Not dead!" He yells, he points behind us and I whip around to see what he was pointing at.

Another man. Only this one was alive.

"Lets go! Follow me!" The Korean man yells, he starts to run down the ally, leaving us all to look at each other and then follow.

The boy stops and turns to face us while at a ladder,

"On the bright side, its the fall that will kill us. Im a half glass full kinda guy." He says smirking. I roll my eyes at him and quickly follow him as he goes up.

As we get onto the roof, down a flight of stairs, a gun gets shoved in my face.

"What the fuck were you thinking, firing off rounds in the city, you just called the dinner bell. " The girl who says it, doesn't remove the gun from my temple, not until the Korean boy tells her to.

"Together they wiped out a good amount, plus with the horse that the sheriff gave them, I think they are good. "

I glare at the blonde lady again, as I put my AK47 on my back. She rolls her eyes at me and I stick my middle finger up at her.

"Kalee put that shit away, remember what you said, 'Be friendly, you dont know what kind of people they are.'?" Emma says to me. I look at her and sigh.

"Kalee. Thanks for saving our asses." I say to the Korean boy. He nods his head and looks down while smiling,

"Y-ya its um no problem, my uh names Glenn." He nods. I look around, realizing we are in a little convenience store. Not even minutes later of being able to catch our breath, a gun shot goes off on the roof. Then another.

"Merle-Fucking-Dixon." A black man says. I turn my head confused but stay silent.

The group we had just met rushes up the stairs. I turn around to face my group, plus the new guy. Kendall shrugs, and heads up the stair case. As we turn into the roof, I see a redneck man pull a gun on Glenn.

I look around to see a black women, who is standing in the back with the blonde. I roll my eyes and pull my hand gun on the redneck.

"Pull the trigger and I will too" I say. He turns to face me and looks me up and down.

"Calm down sweet heart, now who the hell are you." He says licking his lips. I roll my eyes and keep my gun on his head.

"None of your business right now, all you need to know is Glenn here saved me and my groups ass." I say. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"Just cause someone saves your sorry ass doesn't mean ya got to save theirs." He says back.

"Kalee lets just go." Cassidy says. I look back at her,

"Down there with the geeks?" I look between her and Kendall again who nods. "You serious? Hell to the no, we are safe right now." I say.

Emma looks at me and nods her head in agreement. Before I turn my head back around my world goes black,

Merle-fucking-Dixon hit me with his gun, knocking me out.

/3rd person/
The blonde hair girl fell sideways, when the Korean boy caught her in his arms.

The girls group hold up guns aiming at Merle, the ex-sheriff hold his up as well. They all look at the old red-neck. He puts his hands up laughing,

"What? She pulled on me." His loud voice says. The ex-sheriff took this as a moment to grab the rednecks hand, and hand cuffing him to a pipe.

The Korean boy zones out, staring at the blonde. A mark on her right cheek, stood out. Stiches going through the cut, making him wonder how she had gotten it.