A Drunken Friendship

Start from the beginning

"It was nothing really. We were just tearing up the house and being typical crazy teenagers." She said in thought, seeming to relive the memory.

"This house?"

She nodded with a chuckle and took down her beer.

"And you've only been drunk once?"

She nodded again and slid her beer away from her boredly.

That's when an idea came to me. "Did you have fun?"

"Of course I did." She laughed this time.

"Would you do it again?"

She was about to answer casually, but I guess she caught onto my plan and narrowed her eyes at me. "Why?" She asked suspiciously.

I didn't say anything but continued to drink my crown. That was when she leaned over and opened a bottle of Malibu and Sunkissed, eyeing me as she took that down too.

That was how our game went.

I'd try and down something powerful and painful.

Then so would she.

We joked about random things, like cooking and driving and food and laughter. I was making fun of her laugh, when really it was the best thing to hear.

When we had enough to fill us up, we played with Journey inside and he seemed to like it just as well. It wasn't easy when we chased him up the stairs and into her bed, but we did and we stayed up there and talked like bestfriends.

"Why do you wear makeup now?" I remember asking her.

"I don't know." She laughed. "Xavier always told me I wasn't allowed to, so now that I'm on my own I can do what I want." She spoke happily and had slightly glassed eyes. I was sure I was just the same. Maybe even worse.

It was alright though, because it wasn't like any drunk or high I've had before. It was a happy drunk. A fun one. All because Macy was one.

"You don't need to wear it, y'know." I began, and in my mind I told myself to stop and shutup because I couldn't hit on her and ruin everything we were building up. The drunken friendship that sprouted from her fingertips that suddenly reached for my cheek. She laughed after I froze.

"Just an eyelash." She said, rubbing her fingers together, causing it to dispel.

"I didn't even get to make a wish." I complained.

She rolled her eyes. "Conrad, is a sap." She sang sleepily.

By that time we had migrated to the guest room, sitting on the floor in front of my bed with playing cards spread around everywhere.

"No I'm not." I said back, and leaned back on the end of the bed.

"If you're not sappy than telling me I don't need makeup isn't either?" Macy said childishly and picking it on me so easily.

"No, it's not."

"Then what is it?" She laughed.

"It's the truth."

She stopped laughing and watched me as I watched her pretty face. Her wide glassy green eyes were staring straight back at mine. I still couldn't read her. I couldn't tell what she felt, and could no longer rely in her voice because that was just difficult.

Her tone and a facial expression could always lie. But her eyes couldn't. They were hidden now.

Journey was in front of the cards and rolled over lazily, begging for attention.