•Do the Honors?~Steve Rogers•

Daddy!Steve

"Steve!" You called out to your husband. You nervously fiddled with the plastic stick in your hand.
"Y/N! I'm coming!" Steve's footfalls could be heard rushing towards you. You had no idea how he would react to what you were about to tell him, you could only hope for the best.
A soft sigh escaped you lips, "You can do this Y/N! You're an Avenger anyway, you're brave as hell..." You stopped your pep talk when you heard heavy breaths at the door.
"Y/N? Wha-What happened, are you alright?" Steve crossed the threshold of the bathroom, quickly grabbing you at the elbows. "Are you hurt?" You shook your head at your overly worried spouse.
"No, I, uh, I wanted to tell you something." He furrowed his eyebrows at you.
"What is it Y/N? Don't worry, if it's anything you're worried about, I'm here to help you." You smiled, of course he still thinks it's a bad thing.
Slowly you brought up the pregnancy test to Steve's sight. At first he squinted his eyes, then they widen, finally his mouth fell open.
"You're, you're pregnant?" You nodded frantically, you still weren't sure how to take his reaction. "I'm going to be a dad?" This time you slowly nodded your head, what was he not understanding. "I'm goin- oh-" Steve fainted. It was almost comedically on how he fell, his body falling backwards, the eyes closing. Really you would have laughed if it weren't for the fact that it looked like he hit his head.
—————
"I didn't faint." Steve was pouting as you handed him an icepack.
You had called the whole team to your and Steve's apartment. Of course to share the good news, not for you to tease him in front of everyone, totally not that.
Tony laughed loudly, causing Steve to wince. "Capsicle, we got here while you were still on the floor." He continued laughing even after Steve shot him a dirty glare. "Who knew Steve Rogers, Captain America, could faint from learning of his wife being pregnant!" Tony was about to let out another round of laughter until Nat punched him in the ribs. You shoot Nat a pleased yet disappointed look, she only shrugged her shoulders in response.
"Thank you, Nat." She gave Steve a grin. "Just, don't let what happened in this apartment, leave this apartment, understood." Everyone only hummed in agreement, even though Tony wanted to tell the world, he decided to agree since he'd like to keep his life.
——————————
You were waddling around the apartment, not having a particular place to go to, you decided to go into the almost finished nursery. You found Steve in there painting clouds onto the blue ceiling.
"How's the weather up there?" Steve plopped the paintbrush into the bucket to only glare back at you.
"You're a little shit." You playfully stuck out your tongue at him.
"Watch your language Cap, there's a baby in the room." Steve rolled his eyes at you, he picked the brush up again to continue painting the clouds. "Also, I'm a big shit, kiddo in here is huge!" Steve stopped painting again to laugh loudly at your ridiculous puns. He decided to just take a break since your 'punny' attitude was distracting him.
"How does it look?" He climbed off the ladder to stand by your side. Gently he wrapped his arms around your swollen stomach. You were about to answer when you felt something drip down your legs.
"It feels wet." Steve let go of you to look at you as if you were crazy. You rolled your eyes then casted them downwards near your feet. "Steve my water broke." Just like when you told him you were pregnant, his eyes narrowed at your feet, then widen, and finally his mouth fell open. "Don't faint on me! I can't drive myself to the hospital!" Steve's eyes went up back to you.
"Okay, okay, uh, I'll call everyone, Nat will bring you your things." He grabbed your hand and as fast as he could, Steve guided you to your car. As he tried to help you in, he had his phone pressed against his shoulder to his ear. "Nat! Hey, no I didn't faint! How do you- Know what, never mind, Y/N's water broke, she's going into labor. I need you to get her things together and bring it to the hospital."
You swatted Steve's hands away. "Darling, I can buckle myself." He didn't pay any attention as he tried to buckle you again.
"Yes I'm sure I didn't faint! Listen, tell everyone we're heading to the Brooklynn Birthing Center." There was a slight pause in Steve's rambling. "No! Tony can't just fly the Quinjet to the place! There would be no where to park!"
"Steve." He kept speaking to Nat on the phone. "Steve." Once again ignoring you. "Steve!" He was silenced and stared at you. "Hi, darling husband of mine, I'm having a fucking baby right now, so I swear to Thor if you don't get your star spangled ass in this SUV right now. I'll make sure to paint hell inside our bedroom." Steve swallowed nervously at your threatening expression.
"Yea, the one on the corner of Quentin Rd and Ocean Ave. Bye Nat." Steve hurriedly cut the call and placed his phone in his pocket. "I love you Y/N."
"Yea, yea, love you too. Now seriously, get your sweet ass in the car, this baby isn't going to wait any longer."
—————
"Just a little more Y/N! The baby is crowning!" The doctor kept coaching you, telling you were doing a great job and to keep on pushing.
You were squeezing the life out of Steve's hand. You could feel his other hand push back your hair, small kisses landing on your forehead.
"You're doing amazing Y/N, just keep pushing." You kept breathing the way the doctor told you to, each time pushing a little more.
"Here they come! Nurse, get me a blanket!" You kept pushing, almost to the point where you could feel yourself passing out. "Stay with me Y/N! One more big push!" You did as you were told and pushed, a loud scream resulting from that push. And mixing with your screams was your baby's. "Hey dad, do you want to do the honors?" You looked up at Steve to see him nod his head, joyful tears already escaping his eyes. Once he made it to the doctor's side, his eyes shot wide open. You thought he was going to faint again, that was until his watery eyes met yours.
"It's a boy Y/N..." You let a happy sob escape your lips, you've always wanted a boy. You continued to watch Steve carefully cut the umbilical cord. The doctor covered your baby in a blanket, she then handed him to Steve.
His smile not once ever leaving his face. "Y/N look, it's-it's our baby." Steve knelt down to hand you your newborn. You knew you would love him forever. He had Steve's nose, while he had your mouth. Later on you would find out he had Steve's eyes and your hair.
"He's so beautiful..." You could feel Steve's thumb wipe away your tears. You shot him a proud grin. "Look at our son Steve..."
"He's beautiful, like you..." You could only cry more, happiness was pouring out of both you and Steve. "What should we name him?" You hadn't told him the names you picked, but you knew he would be beyond proud of them.
You glanced down at your squirming baby. "His name will be..." Your eyes left him to go back to Steve's, even though he was happy, he was confused on why you didn't finish your answer. He opened his mouth to speak until you began once again. "James Anthony Samuel Rogers." Steve laughed, you knew he would be happy with the names. He pressed yet another sweet kiss to your forehead.
"Welcome to the world, James."
—————
It's been three years since the birth of James Anthony Samuel Rogers, and both you and Steve couldn't be any happier. You two love him to the moon and back.
You ran around the tower looking for your son. Sometimes you would spot his head peaking out from underthings, but of course you were too slow for your rambunctious toddler.
Of course there has been some hardships during the three years. As in Bucky actually being alive and all, and also on him coming to the apartment to live. You didn't mind one bit, you were ecstatic to learn of Steve's long time best friend actually being alive. But you were nervous on having the ex Winter Soldier leaving at your apartment.
You weren't there for the battle, you were too bust taking care of James. And when you learned of how it ended, oh how you wished you could have been there.
Not only that, you were nervous on if Bucky would hurt your son. You would give your life over James any day. But you were pleasantly surprised to find that Bucky was ever so gentle with James.
And when Steve had initially introduced the two, it looked like Bucky was about to cry. He was honored to have your guy's child named after himself. Bucky didn't think he deserved it, but with some kind words and maybe not all wanted hugs from yourself and James, he learned to love it.
Not only that, there was always bickering between Bucky, Tony, and Sam. They'd like to argue over the order of how the names should of been. It was always fun to watch them fight though, it was free entertainment to Steve and you.
But back to the present, you were on the hunt for James. It was his birthday and he needed to take a bath. Sure you could have just asked Pietro to look for him, but what's the fun in that?
With each passing minute, you grew more and more tired of your son's games.
"James Anthony Samuel Rogers!" You were in the common room, everyone already in there finishing the set up for the now four year old's birthday party. They were at silent from your demanding tone. You could be one scary mother- "If you do not get in here right now! I'll eat all of your cake!" It was silent for one more second until you could hear tiny patters of feet bounding against the marbled floors.
You watched as your son made it into the common room. His breathes coming out rapidly, but nonetheless, a grin on his face. "Mommy! It's bath time!" Your rolled your eyes playfully at him.
"Yes Jamesy, it's bath time, now if we can finish early, I'll let you open one present?" He nodded his head eagerly at you. He beckoned you over, wanting to be able to take his bath and get his early present. As you made your way to your son, you could hear Tony mumbling.
"My name should have came first..."
You then heard Sam's voice cut in. "Yea right man, just be grateful your name is the first middle name!"
You just shook your head at the now bickering two.
"Lets go James, I promise to make it quick." He smiled brightly towards you, his little hand grasping your pinky. And making word of your promise, you were off to the bathroom for a quick bath.
"Mommy?" You hummed in response while undressing him. And taking that as a sigh to continue, he spoke again. "Why does Uncle Tony fight with Uncle Bucky and Uncle Sam?" You smiled at your child's pout, he didn't like it when his favorite uncles were fighting.
"They're don't like to agree on somethings, but it doesn't mean that they hate each other. Is that what you're worried about sweetie?" He nodded his head as you placed him into the tub of warm water. "Do not worry Jamesy, they could never hate each other. Even if they seem like they do, they don't. They love you too much to let our family be broken apart." James accepted the answer, liking that his uncles very much loved him.
He started to giggle as you washed his hair. "Mommy! That tickles!" You yourself started to giggle as your watched your son move the bubbles away from his face. "Lets hurry, I really want to go back!" He kept laughing as you stuck out your tongue to him. You brought the shower head over his and started to rinse out the suds. You hummed contently to him as you neared to finishing washing him. Once pleased with how clean he was you pick him up and out of the tub.
"Okay, okay, lets get you dressed and then we can get you back to all of your uncles and aunties." James excitedly clapped his hands, ready to get back to them now. "Now, can you dress yourself up as I dry your hair?" He shook his head, already grabbing for his Toy Story underwear. You left his side to go get the blowdryer from underneath the sink. Once you turned around you already saw he was fully dressed. "You really want to get back that quick, huh?"
"Yes mommy!" You laughed at your son. Wanting to hurry you up, he grabbed the blowdryer and plugged it in for you. Quickly he handed you the device and stood his back to you. "I'm ready!" He had a determined face, waiting patiently for you now. You switched on the dryer and went to finish up the process of him getting ready for the party. James bounced on his toes as he watched you blow-dry his hair. You paused for a second to see if his hair was fully dried. He of course took that as you were done. And without missing a beat, he ran off back to the common room.
"James, wait!" You ran after your son, his laughter was filling the halls as your chased him. You were so close to catching him until he ran into the common room.
"Happy Birthday James!" Everybody's voice rang out when seeing him and you run into the room. You couldn't for the life of you be mad at the smiling face of James. He was standing in awe of everyone in the room, his love was true for everyone. As he kept standing there you went to sit on you knees next to him.
You wrapped your arms around him, his giggles breaking through his shock. "You're a little nugget, I love you James, happy birthday." He turned around in your arms to wrap his tiny ones around your neck, his head burying into your neck as well.
"I love you mommy." He brought out his head and pressed a loving kiss to your cheek. You let go of him so he could race to the others. You stood up and watched happily as James gave the others hugs to their legs.
Steve made his way towards you, wrapping an arm around your waist when next to you. "I'd say we're doing a good job." You smiled fondly, James was picked up by Bucky and placed in a chair topped with books. Nat had brought out the cake you baked to the table, candles already lit and ready to be blown away.
"Well, lets get a move on." You grabbed Steve's hand and brought him to James. Both of you stood on either side of James. "Wanda?" She smiled, already doing what you were to ask of her. She brought her hand up and placed a camera in front of everyone.
"You ready, son?" James grinned up at his father. "Lets start..."
Everyone started to sing to James, you could hear everyone's different dialects in the process. James clapped his hands along to the tune of the song. As everyone's voice died down, both you and Steve leaned down to your son's head.
"Make a wish, darling..." You pressed a kiss to his temple as he took a big breath. His face started to slightly turn red from blowing out the candles. Steve had patted his head telling him it's alright to breathe.
"Everyone gather round!" Steve brought you and James into his arms. His smile already ready to go. As the group positioned themselves, you nodded your head towards Wanda. "Everybody say, Avengers!" Wanda flicked her wrist and within a second, a flash and shutter could be heard. Steve had let go of you and James to stand in front of everyone. "Who's ready to eat cake and open presents?" James cheered in excitement for the cake.
"And the first present is from..."
—————
You were cleaning up the dirty plates when you felt two arms wrap around your waist.
"Hello there, Mrs. Rogers." Steve pressed a kiss to your shoulder, making you break out into a fit of giggles. He kept pressing kisses to your shoulder all the way up to your neck.
You turned to face him, his arms still wrapped around you. "Okay, Mr. Rogers, clearly there's something you want since you won't let me finish picking up."
"Well, you are right on that." He motioned his head towards the exit of the common room. "Come on, we can finish cleaning up tomorrow, it's been a long day and we should go to sleep." You closed your eyes, he was right, it was a long day for the both of you. Steve took your silence as a yes and went to pick you up.
"Steve! I can walk!" You squealed with laughter. He didn't listen as he continued carrying you to the bedroom.
"You carried our son for nine months, I think I can at least carry you to our bedroom."
Once making it into the room, Steve plopped your body onto the bed. You started to scoot your body further into the bed until your hand hit something soft. A loud giggle was heard from under the covers, instantly you knew who it was. With both your hands you started to tickle the small body. "Is that a little boy in our bed?" The laughter started to get louder as you tickled harder. "Steve, honey, I think it's a little boy!" Steve's laughter joined both yours and your son's. He jumped into the bed and started to tickle James alongside with you.
"Mommy! Daddy! It's me!" James broke away from you and Steve. His toothy grin shining brightly at you both. "I wanna spend the last part of my birthday with you two!" James looked up from both you and Steve, hoping that you'd agree to letting him stay with you.
You patted his leg, "Of course dear, let's get ready for bed, okay?" And very enthusiastically, James jumped up from the bed, already in his pajamas.
"Daddy helped me brush my teeth! You just have to get ready for bed now!" You gave a sly eye to Steve, he only shrugged his shoulder and then pointed towards the bathroom. "Come on mommy!" You gave one more side eye to Steve then got up.
You hummed softly while finishing up your bedtime routine. You unlocked the bathroom door then made a running jump onto the bed. "Ah! Cuddle monster mommy is here! It's time for bed!" You wrapped your arms around James body and Steve wrapping his around you. James was squished in between both of your bodies.
"Goodnight mommy." James leaned up and pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Goodnight daddy." He then did the same and pressed a kiss to Steve's cheek.
"Goodnight Jamesy." Steve sighed contently. "Goodnight Y/N." Steve then leaned over and pressed a kiss to your lips. You could hear an 'ew' coming from James. Steve laughed once he broke apart from you.
"Sweet dreams you two..."