•Green Eyes~Natasha•

The song is called Green Eyes by Coldplay

".

Sexy

Dominating

Sassy

Badass

The Avenger refused every guy who even thought of it.

Not even playboy, Tony Stark, could coax the redhead for one measly date.

Most believed that the Russian was a cold-hearted, insensitive woman who didn't care about relationships, much less love.

In reality, it was quite the contrary.

Despite the harsh, tough-looking exterior, Nat was a huge softie, but she rarely showed it. She was led to believe that it would bring her down in the long run.

However, her friend and fellow Avenger, (y/n), was the person who could break down the walls of her heart. Oh, she loved (y/n) like a sister, if not more.

Both were total opposites, but, like the saying goes, opposites attract.

(y/n) was carefree, open-minded, and very lively, all the things Romanoff wanted to be.

Nat had traumatizing events prevent her from starting anew. A lot of events.

She felt that her past would ruin every opportunity to relive life again, and that it would discourage any potential suitors from pursuing her. It made dating far from easy.

That didn't stop one person.

(y/n) had fallen hard for the assassin long before she met her.

In her eyes, Natasha Romanoff was the best thing this planet since sliced bread and color television. Anyone, man or woman, who dared to try and test out their luck on her was bound to be kicked to the curb by (y/n) (l/n).

Nat, too, fell for (y/n), but weighed out the possibilities of a happy, worry-free life as nonexistent and inconceivable. Hell, she didn't believe that the (h/c)-haired woman would return the feelings or try to acknowledge them.

In spite of this, Romanoff valued their friendship and kept this secret hidden from her, but a small portion of her held out some hope that maybe this would come to light.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, while (y/n) was enjoying her morning jog, she received a frantic message from Nat urging her to go back and return to the tower.

When she arrived, it was strangely quiet.

No Tony, Bruce, Thor, Steve, Clint, or even Loki in sight. She found it particularly odd that they weren't there.

Nonetheless, she made her way to Nat's room, only to find her sitting on her bed, crying.

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I came here to talk
I hope you understand
The green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you

It was uncommon to see Natasha crying so to see her like this made (y/n) angry, but also sad.

"Nat? Hey..." She slowly walked up to her and sat down next to her, gently patting her back.

Despite herself, Nat couldn't take it anymore and buried her face into (y/n)'s shoulder, proceeding to cry some more. She looked miserable....

"I can't do this anymore, (y/n).... I-I can't...."

Her soft green eyes bore into (e/c) eyes and she bit her lip.

"Aww, Nat, what's the matter? Did somebody hurt you? If you haven't done so, then whose ass am I kicking this time?" (y/n) asked, threading her fingers through the wavy strands of red hair.

She earned a quiet laugh, "It's no one. It's me... I don't know what's wrong with me..."

"There's nothing wrong with you, Tasha."

Nat frowned and pulled back, "There is...."

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter now I met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Green eyes

The (s/c) woman sighed, "No, there's not, Nat. You listen to me, missy."

She cupped her chin, locking eyes with her.

"Natasha Romanoff, you're a beautiful, intelligent young woman and I know for a fact that there's absolutely nothing wrong about you. You've got it all and I understand that your life must've been very hard to cope with, but you've made it this far. You're brave, daring, and you kick ass. That's why I...love you. I love you, Nat. And I mean, more than that."

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

(y/n) didn't wait for Natasha to respond as she brought her closer to her face and tenderly kissed her delicate, pink lips. The action itself induced tears and she wrapped her arms around (y/n)'s body.

How could this be?

Nat paused, retracting her lips from (y/n)'s.

"Y-You love me? E-Even after all the things I've been through....? But I-" (y/n) placed a hand on her crush's cheek.

The green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you, must be out of their mind
Because I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter since I met you

(y/n) smiled, resting her forehead against Nat's, reminiscing in those marvelous eyes.

"Even after everything you've gone through, Natasha, because I'm going through the same. I'm gonna always love you. What I want to know is if you love me back. Do you?"

Honey you should know
That I could never go on without you

The room remained silent as the two of them continued to look into each others eyes. This was the big break that Nat needed to be freed from her past.

Would she take it?

Should she take it?

Then, she intertwined her fingers with (y/n)'s, a sure sign that she approved.

"I do. I love you too, (y/n)."

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand