Unconventional Love•Tony

(Name)'s relationship with Tony had always been quite different from the stereotypical power couples that frequented the streets of Manhattan. No, they were not your run of the mill famous yet secretive couple either. Nor were they the spontaneous and attention catching couple. They were just Tony and (Name) who over time became Tony and (Name).

It wasn't that their relationship was unhealthy per say, and it was anything but abusive, maybe a little unconventional was the right word. To someone looking in from the outside, it'd seem like the gender roles were really switched up because, well, they were.

It wasn't like (Name) was demanding that she be 'Alpha' of the relationship, but it just worked better for her to be a bit more...controlling? No. In charge? Nope. Responsible? Maybe.

There really was no way to explain it in a way anyone would understand. It'd have to be something that they'd have to experience to get a handle on what it all meant.

So yes, gender roles were a little mixed, but that didn't make Tony and (Name) love each other any less. It's not like it was all flipped flopped, like (Name) was the one that always opened doors for Tony. They did it for each other obviously. As said before, unconventional, but hey, it worked for them.

•••••V•••••

To put it simply, the Avengers were pretty fucked. This new sentient foe they were facing was a lot more powerful than what was first anticipated. Tensions were high, and a lot of false blame had been put to the Stark name. Steve was at a loss, and if Steve didn't have any hope than, how was everyone else supposed to feel? Tony stood amongst everyone, trying to explain the mechanics of what they were dealing with when shit hit the fan.

Time seemed to slow down as Thor lunged for Tony's neck, letting him dangle at least a foot off the ground. Steve fell into a fighting stance as Bruce fled the room, while Natasha and Clint grew tense. (Name) on the other hand, was furious, and she demonstrated as much.

"Thor, put him down!" She yelled sharply, startling the god, who obediently dropped Tony. The billionaire gasped for air, red finger marks blossoming on the tanned skin on his neck. Steve led Thor from the room as (Name) dove to her knees beside Tony, instructing him how to breathe. Clint and Natasha slipped from the room as soon as Tony began his anxiety attack.

(Name) clapped her hands together loudly, causing Tony to flinch and the remaining lights in the room to flicker to life. She kneeled in front of him, pressing her forehead against his, blowing cool air onto his face. (Name) continued this unusual routine until Tony's breath stuttered and his shoulders sagged. (Name) pulled back so she could wrap her arms around him.

He tucked his head under her chin, mumbling incoherently. "It's March 15th, 12:03pm, we're in the Avengers Tower, 20th floor meeting and lab combo room. You're here with me, and you're safe, and you know that your girlfriend will totally kick ass if anyone tries to touch you." (Name) told him softly, rubbing small circles at the small of his back.

"I messed up, I messed up, I messed up." Tony muttered into her chest, his shoulders shaking with tremors. "Shh, honey, don't cry. We'll figure this out, we always do. You know I don't blame you."

"Thor does."

"Thor's an asshole."

That seemed to force a chuckle out of Tony. He curled more into (Name) who just sat there, still rubbing his back, letting him come back at his own pace. When he finally did, his whole form relaxed and slumped against (Name). They sat there for seconds, minutes, maybe even hours, but all (Name) could feel was the love that she held for Tony, he was her everything.

•••••V•••••

"Hey babe, how was work?" (Name) asked as her boyfriend entered the living room. "S'fine." He muttered, face looking solemnly at the floor. It looked like the briefcase in his hand was dragging him down, not carrying his paperwork. "Tony, what's wrong?" (Name) prodded, getting off the couch and heading over to him. She reached out for him but he quickly sidestepped her attempt. "Just...not now (Name)." He said before passing her by and heading for his workshop.

(Name) waited until she couldn't hear his steps before looking up at the ceiling. "J.A.R.V.I.S?"

"I'm afraid Sir wants the reason for his mood to remain private."

"Don't make me use the override code."

"Unfortunately, today Sir was informed that a hidden stock of old prototype weapons were used to massacre a small village in Egypt."

(Name) sighed sadly. Tony was under a lot of stress with trying to locate and destroy the rest of Stark weapons. It was quite a bit of trial and error and bloodshed in the process, but Clint and Natasha had been helping out which was very kind of the both of them, the Avengers were friends (family) that he really needed.

"Did the secretary of defense have something to say about it?"

"Quite a bit, there was a high amount of vulgarity, which is the other half of the reason for Sir's mood."

"I'll take care of it."

"Would you like me to fetch you a jet?"

"If you'd be so kind."

•••••V•••••

"Baby..." (Name) murmured softly, wrapping her arms around Tony. "Hmm?" Tony replied, elbows deep in a new suit. "Come to bed, Buttercup."

"In a minute."

"Tony, now."

Tony pulled away from his suit with a tired sigh. "I'm busy (Name). In a minute."

"Tony Stark, you march your butt up to bed right now." (Name) ordered, arms crossed over her chest and hip jutted out. "You're not my fucking mother, go away."

"Anthony..." (Name) growled. Tony threw his tools to the ground. "Fine! Jesus."

"Thank you." (Name) smiled, slapping Tony on the butt when he passed her. "Why do you always do that?" Tony hissed, rubbing his butt as he took to the steps two at a time. "It brings me joy, you could bounce a dime off that thing, and I love doing this-"

(Name) began to drum the beat to Bohemian Rhapsody on Tony's ass while the genius tried to block her attempts, running high speed once he hit the top of the steps, hearing (Name)'s feet slap against the ground as she pursued him. "Stop it, (Name)!" Tony yelled through chuckles as his girlfriend chased him around the tower.

"Okay, no booty drums. Hey what if I was a bear?" (Name) asked as Tony climbed up onto the kitchen counter, distancing herself from the crazed butt-slapper. "What the hell? A bear?" He asked.

"A MAMA BEAR!" (Name) suddenly roared, startling Tony. "What the fuck is that?" He laughed. (Name) grinned and lunged for him, growling like a bear as Tony yelled at her to cut it out. "I'm serious!" He laughed again, swatting at her hands. God, he loved her. She made him laugh and feel like a teenager again, it was ridiculous but Tony couldn't care less.

It was quite a scene that the Avengers walked in on that day. Clint laughed so hard that Bruce had to calm him down before he hurt himself. Natasha just leaned against the wall and watched (Name) chase Tony around the tower growling like a bear.

She had to admit, she was a little envious of their relationship. It was very rare for someone to see Tony with all his walls down. But with (Name), Tony let himself feel vulnerable, tore his walls down by himself. He trusted her unconditionally. 'What was that like?' Natasha wondered, subconsciously glancing to Clint, who was complaining that he might have popped a lung. Maybe she had an idea