Messing with Gravity•Natasha

What happened? You had her!" Natasha called. The three of you were in the training room, with you and Steve wrestling and her supervising.

"Took me by surprise," Steve muttered as he stood up. Natasha rolled her eyes and walked over.

"Tag out," she ordered the soldier. He hesitated.

She fixed him with a stare. "She's using the difference in your height and the fact that you're heavier to her advantage."

"That's good strategy," he argued.

"And you're afraid to hit her back when she comes at you," Natasha continued.

"I--"

"Steve, no. I'm taking over before she goes into the field like that and gets seriously hurt. They're not going to go easy on her, and you know it. She needs to be prepared. Dismissed."

He nodded silently and left the room.

She smirked. "Get ready for a real fight."

She aimed a punch at you. You quickly countered, aiming a kick at her. She knocked your feet out from under you. You fell on your back and sighed heavily.

"Terrible," she said. "You were indicating."

You slowly stood up, aiming a punch at her. She blocked it with her arm, knocking the attack away. She grabbed you around the waist and flipped you onto the mat.

"Sloppy."

"Can we take a break?" you asked, pulling yourself up.

She grabbed your arms with one hand, spun you around, and knocked you onto the mat, stomach down.

"Why, so you can think of a strategy?" she asked. "Figure it out as you go. That's how everyone else does it. Again."

You slowly got to your feet again, wiping some of the sweat from your face.

She didn't wait for you to catch your breath. You barely dodged the punch in time. But she hooked her arm in yours at the last second. The momentum caused you to turn around behind her.

She elbowed you in the stomach, and moved to twist your arm. You grabbed her around the waist and threw her to one side. She tumbled onto the mat, not expecting you to retaliate. She stared up at you and smirked slightly.

"Not bad," she said, rolling her shoulder. "But this time, you're going down."

She immediately went for an uppercut, using the force from her standing up again. You grabbed her fist in one hand and pinned it behind her back. You wrapped your other arm around her neck to hold her in a headlock.

She struggled for a few seconds before going for another elbow in the stomach. You crumpled, releasing her instantly. You doubled over, clutching at your stomach. She touched your shoulder, and you pulled her up and over.

She looked up to see you straddling her.

"Actually, you went down," you said. You smiled and stood up.

She narrowed her eyes. "Why can't I move?"

"Gravity's pretty powerful, huh?"

Nat's eyes widened, staring at you. "You control gravity?" You nodded. "You played me?"

She kept trying to move, but she was trapped on the mat. You started to back out of the room.

"Yeah. And you might owe Steve an apology. The other day, he tried to punch me and I stuck him on the ceiling. He wasn't being soft, he was protecting himself."

You snapped your fingers and she regained control.

"And I would have beaten you sooner, but I didn't want to knock you down as hard as I did him. Gravity can really hurt sometimes."

"(Y/N)--"

"Thanks for the session, Nat. I'm going on my break now."

"I'm going to kill you!"