Bad Hair Day•Bucky

It was a Monday afternoon during the month of July when you noticed a particular agent strolling down the halls of Avengers Tower. You were no stranger to such agent. In fact, you knew quite a lot about him. While you were finishing up today's paperwork at your desk, you stole glances at him from time-to-time whenever he was close by. He looked distraught. Something was definitely on his mind. You wanted to ask but Bucky wasn't the type to go ahead and confess his feelings to someone. He bottled them up as usual.

Even after you, Steve, and Sam helped him re-adjust to this new world after the incident with Hydra and SHIELD, he still wasn't the same. Steve had told you many stories about Bucky and what kind of man he used to be. You knew that it would be a long time until Bucky was himself again. But this new attitude he had wasn't bad either.

"Hi, (Name)," a gruff voice said.

Your typing slowed to a stop and you looked up to see Bucky standing by your desk. You hadn't noticed his presence at all. Well, he wasn't a master assassin for nothing.

"Hi, Bucky. Is there anything I can help you with?" you asked with a kind smile.

He sighed and without another word, he turned around to show you the thick wad of gum in his hair. Your jaw dropped and you had to stifle a giggle to not anger him.

"Did Tony do that?"

"Yeah," he muttered.

"What for?"

"He's an ass," Bucky stated gruffly. "But I broke one of his toys as revenge. Can you help me with this?"

You quickly looked over your computer to make sure that all of today's work was saved before turning off the computer and gathering your things. You slung your bag over your shoulder.

"Yeah. Just come with me to my room and I can help you out."

"Thanks, (Name)."

"Not a problem," you grinned.

Bucky followed you into the elevator where you swiped in a special card that allowed you access to your floor. Ever since SHIELD was disbanded, most of the Avengers lived in the tower and since Tony had guests coming in and out of the tower, he gave everyone a special card key so that no one would walk onto their floors by mistake (or on purpose). Your floor was number sixty-four. The ride up was long and silent. When the doors opened up with a ding, as usual, JARVIS played a soothing melody from one of your favorite soundtracks that was more relaxing. You set your bag on the couch and guided Bucky back to the bathroom in your bedroom.

"Alright, this should actually be really easy to fix. My aunt told me of this one trick that we could use if you'd like but you'd have to wash your hair afterwards."

"I'm willing to try anything just to get this out of my hair," Bucky grumbled.

"Gotcha!"

You got a stool for him so that he could sit in front of the bathroom mirror and then quickly went to the kitchen. You returned to the bathroom with a jar of peanut butter in hand. Bucky raised an eyebrow when he saw it but didn't question it.

"I'm just gonna put a dab in your hair, alright?"

"Okay."