•Tenfire Sea~Peter Parker•

"So, are you guys planning on going to prom?" Peter questioned his teammates/friends, genuinely curious as to what their answers were.

"Prom is overrated, but if (Y/N) agrees to come with me I might be willing to go," Sam sent a smirk and a wink in your direction. You almost choked on your food in an attempt to hold in your laugh. Everyone rolled their eyes at his usual shenanigans to get you to go with him on a date; it had even begun to interfere in training sessions at SHIELD.

Speaking of that, I should probably explain your role in the team. You were Steve Rogers' adopted daughter and he didn't want you getting hurt on the Avengers, but he also hadn't wanted you to be completely defenseless. As a solution to this problem, he found out about SHIELD's team and had signed you up after persuading Fury since you had already had a few combat lessons with Natasha.

"Right Sam, I'll go with you as soon as you decide to stop bringing gogurts to lunch," You wagered, knowing that he would never give up the yogurt tubes that he loved so much.

"Actually, I don't think you're worth it anymore."

Cue more laughing. A comfortable silence settled over the cafeteria table before Mary Jane decided to speak up.

"I was planning on going, but I don't want to be there alone. How about we all go in one big friend group?" She offered up before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Sounds like a plan," Luke said with a smile before taking another swig from his milk carton. The whole table agreed and glanced to you to await your response.

"Well, if you guys are going I guess I'll j-"

"Yes! I can still get a dance with you!" Sam interrupted you. You rolled your eyes again and glanced across the table at Peter, who was uncharacteristically quiet throughout this whole ordeal. You managed to make eye contact with Harry, who was sitting by Peter, and gestured your head in his direction. Harry elbowed him in the ribs to catch his attention.

"Pete, you going?" Harry asked once Peter looked at him to question why he was just stabbed in the ribs.

"Yeah," he gave a quirky smile that didn't quite reach his chocolate eyes, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

●●●Time Skip to the weekend brought to you by...a madman in a blue box●●●

"What about this dress?" MJ held up a gorgeous emerald toned dress and you smiled at her.

"That would look amazing with your hair and skin tone, definitely try it on." Ava agreed with you before going back to the rack she was currently going through. You hadn't wanted to go dress shopping, but seeing as the only formal dress you had was torn on a SHIELD mission, you were forced to.

"(Y/N), you have to try this one on, I think it would look gorgeous on you!" Ava held up a floor length strapless gown with a beaded sweetheart bodice that sparkled in the light. You took it from her and immediately went to the dressing room followed by MJ, who was bringing the green dress she had found, and Ava, who had a handful of dresses that she wanted to try on.

After wrestling into the dress (which was no easy feat, mind you), you walked out of the dress room and spun around in a circle, causing the black tulle layers of the gown to fluff up in the light breeze you caused.

"That's definitely your dress," MJ stated simply as she walked out of her own dressing room wearing the green dress from earlier.

"And that's definitely your's." You responded before adding, "Ava, we're waiting."