Impossible Year•Steve

There's no sunshine
This impossible year
Only black days and sky grey
And clouds full of fear
And storms full of sorrow
That won't disappear
Just typhoons and monsoons
This impossible year

No sunshine, not anymore. It was only a month into your death and Steve was depressed. Without you his life was cloudy days with depressing thoughts. The bad thoughts wouldn't go away no matter what he did. Steve's tears came in typhoons and monsoons, they were endless. It was the impossible year.

There's no good times
This impossible year
Just a beachfront of bad blood
And a coast that's unclear
All the guests at the party
They're so insincere
They just intrude and exclude
This impossible year

2 months. 2 impossible months without you. 2 months of Tony throwing parties to cheer Steve up. 2 months of people faking their grief and apologies. 2 months of women trying to push their way into his life. 2 months of visiting your favorite beach and watching the shore wash up the memories. The memories that made Steve's heart ache and his body numb. 2 months of the impossible year.

There's no you and me
This impossible year
Only heartache and heartbreak
And gin made of tears
The bitter pill is swallowed
The scars souvenir
That tattoo, your last bruise
This impossible year

No more you and him. No more Steve and Y/n. Steve had to face that fact but he couldn't. Every time he tried to forget made the heartache and heartbreak come back. He couldn't take it. So he swallowed the pills and gin mixed with tears to end it all. Steve ended it all so he didn't have to see the matching tattoo he had with you. So he didn't have to use the scars as souvenirs. Steve couldn't take 6 months of the impossible year.

11 months. It's been 5 months since Steve was caught swallowing pills to end the pain. He's been locked up in his room ever since. Whispering and moaning to himself "There's never air to breathe. There's never in-betweens. These nightmares always hang on past the dream" because that was all there was. Since there is no you there is no him, that's the way it goes. He was with you till the end of the line, but your line got cut shorter. Steve couldn't survive the 11 months of the impossible year.

There's no sunshine
There's no you and me
There's no good times
This impossible year

He couldn't take it. There was no sunshine, no good times and most of all no you and him. When you died you took the good times and sunshine away. You were the light of his life and now it was gone. Steve gave up. He gave up on the 12th month. The 12th month of the impossible year.