The Ghost Of You•Bucky

I never
Said I'd lie in wait forever
If I died
We'd be together

You never said you would wait for him. Never wait for him to come him home. You would never wait for him forever because you were going to die with him. You would die together when you were old and to natural causes. But you shouldn't have thought that...

I can't always just forget her
But she could try

He couldn't forget you. Even in his last or first thoughts, it was always you. He couldn't forget but he hoped that you could.

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are never coming home, never coming home
Could I? Should I?

The end of his world, the last thing he saw. The words flashed in his head never coming home. He realized that this was the last time. The last time he would take a breath, see the world or feel heart beating in his empty chest. Bucky wanted to do something but could he? Then he thought should I?

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever ever

The thing you never got to tell Bucky, like how you were pregnant. You would never tell him that he was perfect, with or without his troubled pass and metal arm. The smiles would never be shared, never ever.

Ever get the feeling that you're never all alone?
And I remember now
At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies

Before Bucky died he felt at peace. He felt that he had someone and wasn't alone. And now he remembered you. He remembered the fact that you will be alone. In due to him, you will die, fall apart. You won't be the same, due to him. Just like dying in his arms.

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me
Never coming home, never coming home
Could I? Should I?

Your smile was going to haunt him. The fact that you weren't going to smile again due to him haunted him. Your smile would haunt him because he was never coming home

And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me

Bucky's cuts were going to scar him. His body was going to be scared from the pain that was inflicted on him. But at least his past want going to get him. The ghost of his past wasn't going to catch him.

If I fall
If I fall
(Down)

Falling Down. If Bucky was falling down. He wouldn't be able to get up. If he had fallen he wouldn't be able to get up. (Help, I've fallen and I can't get up).

Never coming home
Never coming home