Chapter 31

Trigger Warning: There's harder drug use in this chapter so if this is something that triggers you, please skip this chapter as there will be a recap in the next chapter for you. Thanks!

Raine and Stacy had arrived at someone's mansion where they had to leave all of their devices before entering. No one wanted these activities recorded. They had made their way through the front foyer where people mingled and replenished themselves with food and drinks. However, Stacy had explained that each of the smaller rooms beyond the spiraling staircase had their own themes in terms of what type of activities were in them. Needless to say, Raine followed Stacy like a lost puppy with a new owner.

It was an underground lesbian sex party with a ton of new faces and few familiar ones. Have I been out of the scene for that long? Raine sighed, reflecting on how much calmer it was when she was mostly preoccupied with one person while the rest became just quick releases. She shook it off and told herself that this was an excited new playground for her to explore. There was no pressure to have sex, but if it happened, it was going to be by her own will.

In a dark room, small groups of people huddled around several tables that were cluttered with drug gear. Raine looked up to see large screens playing feminist porn. There was an East Asian short haired woman jizzing all over her trans girlfriend's soft stomach in the scene. Raine recognized the scene from her own collection of queer porn - Jiz Lee of course.

Raine's attention quickly drew back down to the tables as Stacy led her over to one. Scattered on the one Raine and Stacy were around were little vials of water, spoons, filters, and most importantly - needles. Now, needles didn't make Raine squeamish, but they did make her feel a bit uneasy despite the fact that she grew up around them.

Danielle, a skinny blonde woman had been recently introduced to Raine as someone who Stacy trusted to get supplies from. Danielle was expertly mixing water and powder in a tiny bronze colored spoon. Once that was complete, she placed the flame of the lighter underneath it. There were two other flames that were also lit in the room. Each flame drew sets of eyes towards them as they set the warm ambiance for the room. No one was there to judge each other.

Raine looked away for a second. Her heart was pounding out of her chest and the lurching feeling in her stomach was making her feel the need to hurl. She tried to calm her nerves down, but everything in her body was screaming that it wasn't a good idea.

Sensing discomfort, Stacy looked over at Raine and gave her a reassuring smile, "It's okay love, meth isn't like heroin."

Heroin. Raine shuddered as all the memories of her mother's drug of choice flooded back to her. Her mother was the biggest asshole to her on the planet when she was high - even worse when she was on a bender. When she wasn't, she was too preoccupied looking for ways to get her next fix. It was her own mother's way of surviving through all the abuse she had gone through, but it dragged Raine into hell as a child. Needless to say, Raine had to learn how to survive too. Sometimes that meant weed or poppers, other times it meant a whole lot of sex, and many times it was a combination.

They made their way over to one of the many chairs in the room and sat around a side table so they could see each other. Some people around them were having slurred conversations with each other about how they were going to touch one another while others were waiting for the effects of their high to kick in.

"Can you put your phone light on so I can see Raine?" Danielle asked, "I don't want to risk spilling any."

Raine nodded and pulled out her phone with a shaky hand. She turned on the screen and watched it light up the now golden spoon.

Stacy held the spoon by the handle as Danielle reached and placed the pointed tip of the syringe into the spoon to suck up the almost-clear fluid. Raine watched as the color in her own face drained. Danielle held the tip upright and flicked at the syringe with her finger a few times until she was satisfied with it. Next, Danielle wrapped the thin blue rubber band around her bicep. She made an 'X' with the band and tugged on one end of it with her hand while she pulled on the other end with her teeth to tighten the knot. She opened and closed her hand and eventually a vein surfaced. The needle entered the vein and before they knew it, Danielle had already injected herself.