Chapter 4

Raine's steel-toed boots crunched down the snow on her way to class. It was hard to keep her multiple pairs of boots clean when snow constantly left stains on them. So annoying. As she walked by a towering glass building, her chest raced and her stomach seemed to drop. Raine closed her eyes for a split second and inhaled deeply.

A stranger across from Raine drummed their fingers along the dirty window pane of the empty subway section. The heavy eyeliner made it seem like they didn't care about the dirt. Gross. Raine could only imagine the little pieces of bacteria crawling under the hot pink nails of the unsuspecting person. Nodding their head to the music, they made eye contact with Raine, who quickly looked away. She secretly liked to watch people, but was definitely uncomfortable when the people she observed took notice. Raine stole a brief glance at the dark brown ponytail that touched the collar of the mean looking biker jacket. It fit snugly over their artistic curves. The stranger flashed a smile and Raine looked at the ground immediately with the image of dimples still lingering in her mind. She noticed the straight-cut jeans that complimented the combat boots below. Her eyes led up to parted legs and a rainbow chain that led from a pocket to a belt loop. Raine hoped that they would be headed to the same destination.

The stranger removed their earphones and shoved them into a pocket. Raine felt a mild disappointment as they were getting up to leave. She pulled out a small piece of paper with instructions to 'the village'. According to the crumpled piece of paper, she had to get off at Gospel Station. She looked around for a map, but was quickly interrupted by the sound of an automated voice, "Gospel Station". Raine got up and loosely trailed behind the stranger who quickly turned towards the women's washroom. Raine looked around the station and decided that she too would do the same before getting lost in the midst of heavy traffic and people. When she entered the washroom, she found the older woman fixing their hair in the mirror.

The woman smiled into the mirror and her dimples appeared, "Are you following me or something?" a slight British accent glazed over the words as the woman's eyebrows slightly rose.

Shit. "No... I just need to use the washroom," Raine felt her cheeks get warm. 

"Aww... That's too bad, it would have been flattering if you were." She grinned wider, You're kind of cute."

Raine felt eyes scan her as if they were deciphering something important.

"Uh..." Raine was taken aback at their bluntness, "Thanks."

"I'm Stacy," she turned and held out her hand.

"Raine," Raine shook the soft hand with her own rougher one. Their touch was intense and Raine wasn't sure if that was from the touch itself, or the intense eye contact that was made.

"Cool," Stacy smiled, "What're you up to today?"

Raine rubbed the end of her dark eyebrow, "I'm going to Chapel Street. Only... I don't know how to get there. Do you?"

"Sure do! That's where I'm off to," Stacy's eyes seemed to brighten, "I could take you if you want."

"I want," Raine felt little butterflies magically appear in her stomach.

Stacy approached Raine curiously eyeing her arms, "Just turned 19, hmm?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to meet some new women," she replied.

"In other words, you've got too many in the same circle that you've exhausted," Stacy smirked, "However, I'm not sure if you're old enough to play in this circle just yet."

"I can handle myself thanks," Raine rolled her eyes.

"Oh, is somebody a badass?" Stacy smiled coyly.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Raine grinned.

The playful flirting carried on in the midst of heavy sexual tension that was building between them.

"Anyway, you must be new to the village," Stacy smiled and carried on as they emerged from the stairs that placed them at ground level.

"What makes you say that?" Raine looked over at her, appalled.  

"Well I'm here almost every weekend, so I can tell you're a new to the scene," Stacy watched as Raine took in the street lined with stores of all sorts.

"Plus, you just look young and lost," Stacy added.

"You can't be that much older than me..." Raine muttered.

"Are you fishing for my age? A whole eight years older than you, little one," Stacy playfully pushed on Raine's arm.

"You don't look it," Raine shrugged.

"I'm not sure if you're a smartass or just a sweetheart," Stacy smiled mischievously, "But you're almost considered jail bait."

"Whatever, I prefer older women anyway," Raine said in passing.

"Why's that?" Stacy pressed on, sensing there was more to uncover.

Raine paused before answering, "I like the experience most older women have."

"Yeah, that's true. You youngsters probably couldn't last more than thirty seconds without being worn out," Stacy was just pushing all of Raine's buttons and loving it.

"Shut up, you're just more experienced, but I've got endurance from all this youth!" Raine scoffed.

"I had no idea we were talking about me here," Stacy's eyebrows raised, "and are you implying something?"

"I... Uh," Raine turned red,"If you want me to be."

Raine opened her eyes and exhaled. She looked forward with determination, speeding past the glass building and towards the comfort of red bricks. 

Now you know how they met! Stacy's such a suave sweetheart... What do you think happened between them? Answer below! Are you excited to find out what happened? Vote!