Chapter 26

Raine watched the red Porche speed into the parking lot and come to a screeching stop. The gravel below rose in a cloud of smoke. Raine approached and leaned against the car, knowing that it would annoy the hell out of its driver. The door rotated and opened upwards as Stacy stepped out.

Stacy's partially raised eyebrows looked fierce. Like they were ready to tear her apart. The silver zippers on her thin leather jacket shined under the lamp posts. Underneath it was a tight white tank that followed her curves like a map. Her boots crushed the parking lot's gravel as she stepped towards the back of the car, where Raine's right side was leaned up against.

"You left me in the morning last week," Stacy used her index finger to push Raine's chest away from her.

Raine swallowed, "I... had something to do." Actually I had to go to the gym with Chris.

Stacy came to a standstill her eyes grilled Raine, "Something to do?"

Raine nodded and placed her arms behind her head in a power pose. Play it cool dude. Don't let her get to you.

"Where are you going?" Stacy closed the little distance there was left between them.

Raine felt her body come to life as Stacy's spearmint breath calmly landed on her. Why does she have to be so hot?

"The gym," Raine said quietly.

Stacy's ponytail flicked to the side as she opened her mouth and closed it while her eyebrows shot up. She stated, "The gym."

Raine nodded again and placed her arms around Stacy's neck, "You know, repeating what I say isn't going anywhere.".

"Sleeping with me is less important than going to the gym?" Her index finger slowly dragged itself down Raine's cleavage.

Raine's eyes followed the finger as her mouth went dry, "Well, n-no." She mentally cursed herself for stuttering. So much for playing it cool. "I've just been slacking on my workouts lately so it was important."

"You're lying to me," Stacy's eyes threw daggers at her, causing her to involuntarily press herself up against the car.

Raine had forgotten all about how Stacy could see through her lies. It was like she was always exposed around Stacy - naked while Stacy got to wear whatever she wanted.

"I-"

"Think about your next words carefully," Stacy leaned in and planted a light kiss on Raine's neck.

"My workout buddy was waiting," Raine offered her a weak smile as she rubbed the side of her neck.

Stacy looked at her as if she were an unsolved puzzle of some sort that she had suddenly taken an interest in. She stared at Raine with an intensity that practically shot hot lasers out, "Is this workout buddy also your fuck buddy?"

Raine felt hips pressed against her own and her own breathing hasten. All so wanted to do was to not talk about Chris while she was getting turned on by Stacy. Raine opened her mouth then closed it.

"It's none of your business," Raine snapped back as she pushed herself off the car and walked towards the passenger side. Close call.

"Fair enough," Stacy nodded and smirked as she got back in. So I have competition. This ought to be fun. First thing's first...

From time to time, Stacy caught the longing glances that Raine was trying to be discreet about as they sped their way down the highway. Desire? Check. The lights looked like lasers as they flew by.

To Stacy, love was just like a formula. Most women were easy, but she was coming to find that Raine had gone from the most women pile, to one of the few complicated ones. If you have the right terms, you could combine them regardless of its coefficients. In other words, if you have the right conditions, you could have love regardless of who the person is.