Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"The money she saved so you could go to college." Blaine corrected.

"The money she saved for me to start a family." Kurt said. "And you are my family."

"I'm thinking I should get you a ring to make that official." Blaine said.

"Which you also don't have the money for right now." Kurt said. "I'm fine with the ring I have. It's beautiful and it's a promise from you. That's all I need right now."

"Kurt I need to save up for college too." Blaine said.

"Actually your mom talked to me about that and your father insisted as an apology that they'd get you where you needed to go." Kurt said.

"Why are you so persistent on this?" Blaine suddenly asked.

"Will you just think about it?" Kurt ignored his question.

"I'll think about it, but I make no promises." Blaine caved.

"Thank you." Kurt smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you after class." Blaine said, letting go of Kurt's hand.

"Okay." Kurt said, watching him as he walked out of view.

He suddenly heard something fall and a few cuss words. He looked down the hallway to his left and noticed Karofsky struggling with the things at his locker.

He was feeling nice today and decided to try and make amends with the guy since they hadn't gotten off on the right foot. Everyone deserved a second chance. He learned that from Blaine since he'd forgiven his own father.

"Need a hand?" Kurt asked softly, picking up a twelfth grade US History book from the tiled floor.

"I'm fine." Karofsky bit back.

"I'm not trying to be mean David. I think we've always gotten off on the wrong foot and I think it's time we try and be friends." Kurt insisted.

"I don't need a fag for a friend." Karofsky hissed. "Just go away."

"You are such a hypocrite." Kurt sighed. "I'm trying to do the right thing. You asked me if we could try being friends and here's me trying."

"After that happened I got my ass kicked by your bitch of a boyfriend." Karofsky growled.

"He's just really protective. Especially because of you. You spent most of my high school career bullying me. You can't blame him for being like that." Kurt said.

"How do I know you won't tell anyone about me?" He asked.

"Because I don't believe in not being true to who you are but I also don't believe in outing people." Kurt said. "I spent two months being with Blaine and I never made him come out. He did that on his own. Pretty epically if I do say so myself."

"I don't want to be like your stupid boyfriend." He said.

"And I didn't say you had to be." Kurt sighed. "I'm trying to give you a chance. This is what you wanted."

"Fine." Karofsky said. "We can try the friend thing."

"And you can't kiss me." Kurt reminded him.

"I got that." He sighed.

"I'm really sorry about what Blaine did to you before. I hope you can forgive him for that." Kurt said.

"Maybe." He shrugged, grabbing some things out of his locker.

"Do you want to walk to class together?" Kurt asked.

"I might be a while. Go on without me." Karofsky shook his head.