Chapter 2: Something Small in A Hooded Cloth

Mulai dari awal

"They need an ambassador. A human ambassador. Somebody who can go over to the new barrier and say 'hey, monsters won't tear up the world, I promise.' That's all."

"Really?" Oh no. "You mean, if I had just stayed when they asked me to be an ambassador?"

"Righty-O! Monsters wouldn't be down there anymore. Just need a word," Flowey encouraged her, "from a human. A trustworthy human. That's it. So? How about dedicating just one day to your old friends?"

Tricky. Flowey had turned back to Asriel, and then back to Flowey at the end of her time in the Underground. Then again, her memory was from so long ago, how much of it could she completely trust? If I don't try, then why am I even here?

"Toriel wants you. She knows the way it works. Toriel wouldn't put you in danger, would she?" Flowey pointed out. "No, of course not! So, come on. Follow your dear friend Flowey, I'll take you to Toriel, you can go to the other side of the mountain with no encounters, and help us get out. For good."

Maybe some of Asriel's goodness remained in Flowey? It was tough to say, but Frisk knew finding anything on the side of the mountain would be difficult. Mount Ebott was huge. Whole communities even lived beside it. She had no choice but to trust him.

Or she'd live a lifetime of regret if she didn't.

---------------------------------

"Now, a couple things to keep in mind," Flowey said to her as they moved down toward the hole he said existed. "Do you remember the funny little skeleton guy that kind of stalked you around everywhere?"

"Oh. Yeah, I . . . remember his words."

"Right, he's short. Like you," Flowey said. "The name Frisk is unique enough, and I had a feeling you'd be somewhere right around the mountain. Then lo and behold, a human that looks like you. It was easy." He moved in front of her. "Anyhow, back to the point? Don't talk to him or his brother. Trust me. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooo."

"Sans?" Hmmm . . . "He was the only one who never attacked me. Um." Yeah, her little eight-year-old self remembered that. The only one she truly felt safe around as a child.

"Yeah, him," Flowey said. "Anyhow, now he might try and kill you."

"What?" That didn't make any sense.

"I told you. Things change. Smiley Trashbag and his brother are your worst enemies down there. Trust Toriel, Undyne, Alphys, or any of those other little creatures you befriended. But, not them. They'll kill you if you do."

That was hard to believe. She had only been eight, but? It could be a Flowey trick. Most likely a Flowey trick. "I just need to go to the barrier, right? With Toriel's assistance? I probably won't even see them." There, that should settle him down.

"Perfect idea, human!" Flowey agreed. "After all, you are safer with her than anyone else. Not to mention, hardly anyone kept up with the human language. So, in you go. Right down there."

Frisk saw the opening and headed downward. It was black, but she saw the strange black and white shimmering around it. There was a barrier all the way around the Underground too? She stuck her hand through the all black part. "It's kind of small. I don't know how I'll fit."

"Oh, I'll make you fit."

Frisk felt Flowey wrap his stems around her mouth, her neck, and then around her stomach. She tried to scream as he wrapped her up like a spider did to its prey.

"Come, come now. How else are you supposed to fit?" Flowey cackled. "And what fun would a warning have been? Now, come inside, human." He brought himself through the hole first before dragging her through.