Chapter 3: Can We Feel Sorry For It?

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

This was getting ridiculous. Someone was back there by now, and Frisk's determination was kicking in and knocking her politeness out. She was getting an answer. "Hey, I am a human! A human and I demand to speak to someone!" She yelled louder as she went faster. "You aren't going to keep us trapped down here, my family will be looking for me!" Yeah, in what life? Not like they knew that. "I am Frisk, I am human, and I demand to be heard! I have the determination to be heard you self-righteous little punks!"

Then, she heard it. A large click. She walked farther up. She put her foot out toward where the border was, ready to yank it away. Even Toriel called to her to be careful, but nothing happened. She reached them finally! She took off quickly, just in case something changed. Beyond the bright light were a huge pair of doors that were opening for her.

Squeezing in she saw a conveyor belt. She moved down it and found herself face to face with a strange door.

------------------------

Inside Room Barrier 1 . . .

When it opened, she saw two lazy guys just sitting in chairs with their legs up on some control panels. What?

"Look. It's here," one of them said gesturing to Frisk. "Wow, you were right. Look how small she stayed. Cute. I know more than a couple of guys she could make fantasies happen for."

"Yeah." The other human winked at her. "Good thing I landed this job. Hey there, Frisk. Like your new home?"

"I am here on behalf of the monsters," Frisk said. "I want to begin negotiations to free them."

"Did you hear her?" The other one teased. "Demanding. Baby, you ain't in charge of nothing anymore. It's only right anyhow because you botched the whole thing."

"What?"

"You only had to kill one monster to set it off." One of the guys gestured between him and the other. "I'm Ethan. He's Steve. Which one of us is your type?"

They had better be talking blood type.

"You see, we wouldn't be here right now if you'd just done one thing. When you were eight, you were given this weird shot in your brain. As long as you killed one monster, it would make you want to kill more, and it would be easier."

"Kill the monsters? Serum?" Were they kidding? "I would never do that."

"Yeah, your fright just couldn't overtake you for some reason." Steve shrugged. "Don't worry, that stuff's been gone in your head for years now. Once it ran it's course, it kind of slipped you into a coma. It was some killer stuff though. I heard you jumped farther, ran faster, and never got tired. Those were supposed to be the results anyhow. I mean, no one really knows what it did," Steve chuckled. "They just shoved your ass down the mountain and said 'good luck'."

"I would never kill anything!" Frisk said loudly. She moved over toward the panels and started looking around.

"Wasting time unless you've got one gnarly science degree, Frisk." Ethan stood up. "Now, you have to pay the consequences."

"This isn't right." Frisk started hitting any buttons she could, but nothing was working. The men didn't even seem phased. "They passed the barrier, they should go free. They can be out there, they have that right."

"Really? Well." He winked at Steve. "I guess that means you really want to let them go. You must care about them immensely. You must trust that they aren't going to go out and hunt humans down for sport or their souls."