Chapter 6: All About Risks

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

An hours worth of rest? Yeah, right. Sans checked his cell. He had a feeling even up there it would still connect. Magic was pretty powerful. And, he was getting texted left and right.

Papyrus: No, no, no! I know exactly what you are doing and I say no.

Undyne: No, you can't get time off for good work. What good work? What time off?

Papyrus: It won't work, I know it won't work. Gaster's machine is starting to spit out timelines, so I know what you are thinking and it won't work.

Undyne: You had better be there tomorrow or you're fired. This isn't a joke. You have an important job.

Papyrus: I could pay the rent, and you could take the tests, and we could hide the human deep under the house or something until she wants to take a test! Or in, we could trap her in the house? As long as the queen doesn't see her.

Undyne: Sans you had better answer. You are lucky with as much as you slip up that I haven't just fired you yet on that alone.

Papyrus: Sans, please. Messing with souls, it never turns out well. This won't turn out well. What if you mess with it wrong? All kinds of terrible things could happen!

Papyrus: Please no. You aren't ready for something like this. You don't even like to stay awake for work. How do you expect to do this!

Papyrus: The human has no idea what it's getting into. If you made it more direct, it would not agree.

Papyrus: It won't be able to work, Sans. It will not be able to keep whatever job it has. Have you told it that?

Papyrus: It would kill it too. This will kill it. It's going to hurt you too! I don't, Sans! Please, listen to reason.

Papyrus: Please just come home? Please, please just come home? We could bar the queen from coming out. She'll know something's up anyhow when you don't stop by to make a joke after a week, Sans.

Undyne: I swear if you are blowing off this conversation for a nap, Sans . . .

The cat moved over toward him, jumping on the bed.

"Cat. You don't like bones, do you?" It didn't seem to care, it was just rubbing up against his bony arm. "Um. Kay." He just closed his eyes and yawned ignoring his phone. None of them told him anything he could use.

Papyrus was right on many counts too, but Sans needed rest before he attempted any more talking. Learning a language through the mind was tough enough. He knew once Frisk settled down for a little while, she'd feel the effects too. And that was only a small percentage. Nothing compared to the twenty percent they had to go through.

And depending on how long it would take. Long talk. He needed a long nap.

Sans woke up two hours later. "Whoops." He checked his phone. Over 30 messages. "Yay." He rolled out of the bed and headed out toward the living room. Just like he thought, it did hit Frisk. She was on the couch, out like a light, curled up with Papyrus.

He shook her awake on the arm gently. "I know it sucks but gotta wake up."

"Uh?" Frisk slowly shook her head. "Sorry. What time is it?"

"Time to end your life. Maybe." He sat down on the couch on the opposite side, hearing Papyrus finally growl at him. Looks like the lazy dog did care about something. His spot next to his mistress. "Easy, pooch." Well, as long as its head was the other way. He just didn't want slobber all over himself. He crossed his slippered feet. "So, time for a talk. How long do you think these tests will take?"