Chapter 38: It's Not Hormone's, It's YOU!

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

While his mind may have been manipulated Underground, Sans missed so many things. He missed his brother and hearing him go ‘Nyeh he he!’ all the time. He missed Grillby’s like crazy. Nobody but nobody made a burger like that guy. But the one thing he never thought he would miss? The snow.

He took it for granted. He’d lived near the snow almost as far back as he could remember. Even when he lived far back by Hotlands, he also didn’t have this new problem either.

Snow. Lava. Underground. Never had to worry about . . .grass.

Sans stretched his neckbone as he walked across the yard. As soon as he and Frisk freed the Underground, he was paying somebody to get the grass out and some dirt in, and some cactuses. Southwest style. Then he’d never have to mow.

Then again, it probably wouldn’t be a big deal. Just a wiggle of some magic. He kept his magic power bottled closely though, so he had to push the dumb, heavy lawnmower across the grass.

“Morning, Will.”

Sans looked across from him and saw Joe, his next door neighbor. He almost wanted to crack up laughing the first time he met Joe. A neighbor named the most common name for humans. “Hey, Joe, whaddaya know?”

“Nothing big-big, off to the store.” Joe shoved his hand in his pocket. “Say, how’s your missus doing?”

“Getting better,” Sans said. “Thank goodness. Bonnie can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Luckily I got my mom to help.”

“Well, hey, that’s good,” Joe said. “Megan always had problems during the first two months, then after that she was much better until about month 6. Then she was worse.”

Yeah, Sans was glad the first two months was over. Every once in awhile, Frisk got bad enough he had no choice but to strike a match. She even almost throttled him once. Pregnancy really was more than life changing, it was body changing. At least on the inside. On the outside, she was still about as skinny. “See ya ‘round’, Joe.”

Although mowing the lawn was a pain in the butt, the freedom was probably worth it. No one ever mentioned or even seemed suspectful of him and the others. On the contrary, Joe even invited Sans to go to the bar with him sometimes on Saturday nights to hang out.

“It’s getting drier,” he heard from beside him. It was Alphys. “Can you water it afterward?”

“I think having brown grass might be a new aesthetic experience,” Sans said. “Where’s Shnookums?”

“Cooking.”

“Heat level fine?”

“Yes.”

“Not using knives?”

“Nothing. Dangerous.”

She was using knives. Sans gestured to the grass. “There ya go, finish up, I’m heading inside.” No way, no knives. Sans headed toward the kitchen. Frisk was a decent cook, but so was Alphys. “Bonnie?”

She jumped and he saw her cutting carrots. “Hey, Pookie.” She tried to hide the knife, but he took it. “Just cutting carrots. I have to cut carrots.”

“I’ll cut them.” Why did she have to take such risks? He grabbed the knife and sliced them slightly, then noticed her finger. “Bonnie Shortensweet, what is that?” She wasn’t trying to hide the knife before. She was trying to hide a cut!