Chapter 27: Papyrus Opens the Barrier

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

"I'm sorry, ladykid." Sans hadn't called her that since she woke up. "I had to leak. You and your food make for some fun times when it comes out the other end up here," he joked. "As for your answer? I'm staying here. For good. I won't be going back down into the Underground for a single thing and neither are you. And that's a promise, good for at least a hundred years. So, eats?"  

A hundred years? "You're going to stick around me for a hundred years?"  

"Yeah. Contain your excitement more, you might bust something. Now, eats."  

A hundred? "It'll be fully grown in just a-"  

"No, it won't. That isn't the way it really works. I know what you're thinking." Sans gestured to his skull. "They manipulated the Underground in a lot of ways, especially when it came to your age and years. They even manipulated Asriel for their sake. Monsters don't grow that fast. Think for a second. Wasn't Monster kid still a kid? Nobody put two and two together. Well, nobody was allowed to put two and two together. Naw, at a hundred it might be looking around fifteen or so. Well, maybe 150. I should at least reach it being mature enough to handle a car."  

Yikes. Okay. Sans is really staying for good. Good, good. She expected him to stay to get her safe. Maybe for the pregnancy. But, um. A hundred years? Humans didn't even reach a hundred years very often. Her life was just getting weirder by the day. Frisk lived the way she wanted to live, with no regrets, and doing what she felt was right. She lived by herself. She believed in what she wanted. She ate what she wanted. Did what she wanted.  

"Not expecting a cheer, but a less look of dread would be nice," Sans said, stirring her out of her reverie.  

"Huh? Yeah, no, I'm sorry," Frisk answered. "Just wasn't expecting that."  

"I know, lucky you, right?" He chuckled. "Sorry myself. I kind of hit it a little hard on the explanation. Truthfully . . . I'm going to be homesick for awhile for everyone. It was my life. Only life I remember, but I'm not going back. No one else is getting in my skull again, no matter what. Now, eats. Seriously, you need food."  

And good food. Frisk recognized a chain restaurant name she knew well from her community. That is definitely what she wanted, but she had a big problem. Pappy and Krisp E. Cream. They couldn't come in, and even though it wasn't warm, she didn't want to leave both of them there together, especially without kennels. Which seemed to have disappeared. They were usually okay, but instinct could cause problems in a small area.

The town they were in was more of a large city. "Does your phone connect up here?"  

"Yep."  

Good. "I need to find the nearest location to my old bank," Frisk said. "After that, I need to find a doggy daycare for Pappy and Krisp E. Cream."  

"A what?" Sans said confused.  

"Then while they are doing that, tomorrow we need to eat at that spot we just passed," Frisk said. "It'll be a better meal to start off the day. Can I see your phone?"  

"Your . . . bank?" Sans asked. "Frisk. I'm taking care of you, don't worry about it. I got plenty."  

"I know," Frisk admitted, "but I'd still feel better having my own money back. Just in case we need raw cash."  

"Okay, tell you what?" Sans said. "I'm stopping at whatever the next joint is for probably some burgers and fries. After that, we'll park and eat and I'll check your soul again. If you really are fine, I guess it's time to park for good somewhere tonight. After that, if you don't wake up three months pregnant or something, we'll do all the stuff you want to do."