Chapter 31: Eyes Wide Open

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

In Frisk's Car . . . 

Frisk leaned against the side of her window as she watched Sans schmooze with the car salesman. He had told her, Undyne, and Asriel all the news he learned. She was running out of steam. Her mom was who knew where, her mother Toriel and her father Asgore were missing. Papyrus and Alphys were trapped until the birth, and there were rebel monsters coming after them. 

Undyne and Asriel were staying back in their own car, by about an hour. Their magic let them sense when things were going bad as fast, but it was only one direction. They weren't fleeing from the mountain, they were fleeing from everywhere. 

Sans agreed with their approach though, saying Undyne and Asriel were going to stick out even worse. The Underground knew they were missing and had assumed they were all together. They would be watching for four, not two and two. Until they worked something out, this would be safer. Sans would handle the other three directions. 

Undyne and Asriel had the cat and dog for now, and now Sans was insisting on changing out her car, so no one would pick them out by knowing her make and model. Then, they were supposed to get clothes. Even he was changing out of his coat. Sans. Out of his coat. 

After everything cooled down, and they knew they were safe, Asriel and Sans would find out more about what was going on while Undyne watched over her. 

They were all on high alert, and Frisk?  

Frisk just wanted pink fish. She just missed her simple life. Her simple home. The only thing she had left of her home was her pets and her car, and her car was about to be taken away forever. Sans had once told her that she could lose everything to save the Underground, and she had agreed to it. 

But even in her wildest imagination, she didn't think she'd be hunted like this. 

"Yeah, it's kinda good, kinda bad," Sans said. "I've got pets, a wife, and two twins in less than a year." 

"Oh, well what you want then is a family vehicle," the salesman said as Sans trotted next to him. "This is always nice, and it has several layaway plans available as long as your credit is good." 

"Don't need credit, buying straight up," Sans insisted as he looked around it. "This has cracks, and it's got a good amount of miles already on it. Come on, Buddy, what do I look like? A sap?" Well, he hadn't known anything until Amanda. There's no way she'd fall for that. "Look, let me make this clearer, alright? Pets, kids on the way, and a long distance to drive. I need good mileage and dependability. Now, where is that kind of car on this lot?" 

"Oh, well, on the other side of the lot, maybe there are some-" 

"Can it." Nah, this place wasn't working. Sans got back into Frisk's car. "We need another place." He looked at his coat. "Maybe I need to dial it up a bit to be taken seriously. Vhat do you think, madame?" Sans joked. 

Frisk just glanced toward him. "I can't take much more." Her eyes were watery. "I'm trying, but I can't take much more." 

"What? You mean the fact your parents are missing and you're being hunted down for your twins?" Sans asked. "Yeah, that sounds kind of rough. Still." He reached over and checked the matches. "You want a match?" 

"Nuh uh." 

"Oh." Let's see. "You want some food?" 

"Nuh uh." 

"Oh." What else? "You want your pets back soon?" 

"Nuh uh." Her crying was getting worse though, but she was trying to hide it. "My car. It's not easy to get a car that works for me."