Chapter 7: Like Coffee With Cream

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

Frisk's Guest Bedroom . . .

Frisk looked at all the pillows on the floor. Breaking her neck due to unknown circumstances wouldn't have been a good way to begin. She waited quietly on the bed as Sans put down the last pillow and climbed on the bed himself. This was it. A whole twenty percent of her humanity was about to be gone. She looked above her and saw her soul floating above her. What?! She looked toward Sans and instantly curled up. "Stop that, what do you think you're doing?"

"Just looking."

"Just looking nothing."

"There's a piece still missing," Sans noted. "Come on, we are exchanging souls, I have to see it. You let Toriel see it."

"Look. Just, no." Souls weren't opened like that, not without an encounter, and those were scary enough. "Some can and some can't."

"If I was going to try anything, I would have done it by now," Sans noted. "Touchy."

"Then at least some warning," she said. "I'm not . . ."

"Not too powerful?" Sans questioned. "I get it. Some monsters have thousands of strikes. Humans, don't." Frisk watched as he pulled up his own soul. "One point. That's it." Both of their souls hung in the air. "Alright?"

One point? "Sorry." Still, she felt a little better.

Sans put his hands on the bed. "Okay. Last time it wasn't that bad. A little bit of pain in the head."

A little bit? "Yes, there was some pain," Frisk admitted. "For a few seconds."

"Well, this won't be a few second thing. Uh. I did mention I've only read about this, right? I mean, monsters don't really go exchanging souls with each other."

"Yes, you mentioned it," Frisk nodded as she closed her eyes. "So, let's do this."

"Are you sure? You didn't sound that way in the store."

Hm? Frisk opened one eye. Huh? Why that-

"Aw, come on. My best material yet," Sans chuckled. "You might be dying in a bit. Get in a few good laughs before it's all over."

"You knew exactly how you-" Frisk immediately closed her eye back up as she felt some pain starting to settle over again.

Good call. Last time, Frisk tensed up, making the pain even worse. It was hard to relax knowing what was to come. He planned on using a joke to lighten the situation up, but once he figured out how everyone was taking his talking to her at the store, he decided to keep going and use that instead. Blessing about being a skeleton. Didn't have to worry about keeping a straight face.

It worked great. She didn't even have both eyes closed. Even though she was tensed up now, that relaxed start was important, and it should lessen the pain.

It wasn't too bad. He felt a few tingles. It was easier than last time, and he wasn't rushing it either.

"Okay, this feels weird," Frisk said gripping the sheets. "Different now. Like I'm sunburned and back out in the sun. Are we done yet?"

She wished. "On a scale of one to ten?"

"Yes?"

"Hard to fit much on a scale. Just ask Undyne." Ha. Got her. "Nah, we haven't even started yet. Just building an energy connection between us this time." He looked above his soul. Nothing. Shoot. Amateur hour with souls was just not a good idea. Okay, a little more of a push. Let's just try not to roast her flesh. Come on, Sans. Last time was so relatively small, just picking up one tiny thing inside the soul, but it hurt both of their heads. This time it didn't matter what it picked up, making it easier, but it was a much larger chunk. To do it the same way would probably be instant death for the both of them.