Chapter 42. No Longer Friends

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

Frisk lied in bed, staring up at the picture of the volcano on her wall. It was spewing lava, and probably feeling better than her right now. As wonderful as it had been being back in her home again, it didn't really feel like a second chance to get everything right.

Because Sans was wrong. While Sans was still Sans? He wasn't her Sans. One wouldn't think that a few adventures with him would have made that much of a difference. A couple of months on the surface and a few weeks under it.

She lied on her left side, staring at Krisp E. Cream. She was on the verge of a freakout when she couldn't find her pets. Although, a part of her was also happy. Her pets were always around in the past, so if they weren't there, it was another trick. That meant that they were still in the right time, and her Sans would eventually come back to her.

Instead, Krisp E. Cream had came out of her hiding spot from somewhere in the house, the way her cat always did. And Papyrus had been sleeping beneath the bed. Nothing was out of place. Everything was as it should be back then.

But. Sans. *She never really thought about what he meant when he said 'I'm not doing what I'm supposed to unless you want something.' At the time, she didn't know what that something had been, or what it was he was supposed to do. And even though the phrase 'never should have made friends with you' he used back then also hurt, it made sense to her. Only, she realized she only had half the picture.

No. Those words had more meaning to them than she could comprehend. She stroked Krisp E. Cream's back letting her back and tail curve up against her hand.

"Did you take the last cheeseburger, Ladykid?"

Frisk turned away from Krisp E. Cream and looked toward Sans. On the outside, he was the same. Even the wording, it was the same. There was a terrible difference though between them. One of them had been away from the influence of the barrier long enough to remember other things. To react to her in a different way. Just like Papyrus was once brilliant and then could barely make spaghetti, Sans had his own quirks.

Quirks she couldn't see the first time around because he didn't have any 'claim' over her. "Sorry about that. We can go shopping again later if ya want."

"Eventually. Gonna have to eat something. Your lucky I can live on ketchup." Sans entered the room on the other side of the bed. He flipped back the covers and got in. He looked like he was going to go right to sleep, closing his eye sockets.

Sans always had his hand on her stomach when they went to bed before. Always protecting the little ones as best he could. Frisk never needed to ask him for that connection. Would they be okay without it? Obviously. He knows they are in there, so it must be. But, why isn't he doing that now? Even though he was a little different due to being Underground for so long still, he should know the basic gist. They were his after all.

Sans opened one eye socket slowly, his light guiders looking on the side toward her. "What?"

Well, Frisk. You are just going to have to take the first step. "Do you . . ."

He opened both his eye sockets in a hurry. "Huh? Oh, I was waitin' for a little later." His oh was a little high-pitched. "Yeah, I mean, it'd be good for pregnancy. Makes, uh, it easier." Sans moved from his back to his side toward her. "Going to be dying from tests anyhow," he said nervously, "unless I don't, then yeah, daddyhood. Eh heh." He cleared his throat. "Got a little loud there. Should I just shut up?"

Hm. Frisk shuffled herself beside him and wrapped his arm around her stomach. She really should have explained why she told Caleb about the marriage and moving from the mountain, but what sense would it make? Besides, Sans seemed to have taken it as a 'passionate human thing before death' scenario. He even told her he'd be fine with it. He wasn't picky. The kids were his after all.