Chapter 49: Each Sans Does A Little Better

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

Herbert swung his arms as he walked up to Frisk's front door. With a relaxed appearance he tapped his finger's against his legs. Sans would be so pleased with him, he knew he would. Letting him get his girl, a family, all his memories back, and opening the barrier. He gazed at the cute wreath on the door, noticing their was a small red bird on the inside. So cute.

Getting everything fixed up took longer than expected. Day two, 12:05 PM, but he accomplished what he set out to do. Of course he did, he thought as he adjusted his tie. When the door opened the bubbly voice and inflated chest of Papyrus didn't greet him but a slow moving one who held his bony finger to his mouth. "Oh, Frisk's father," he said in a flattened tone. "She isn't here."

"Good morning, Papyrus." Herbert butted his way through the door, seeing his friend needed a pick me up. He glanced behind and watched Papyrus closing the door.

"Gaster." He held his hand up toward him. "I guess come in?" He closed the front door in a slow manner. "Have a seat on the chair." Papyus gestured toward the white couch. "Or the couch I suppose."

"Righty-O." Herbert extended his hand to Papyrus but he barely shook it. "I have news for Sans."

"Can you keep that wish from being granted?" Papyrus asked as he let Herbert hand's drop before the handshake was finished.

"No, but I can manipulate it," Herbert insisted. He took his fingers and touched them back and forth to each other like they had clay. "I can mold it into something much better. Sans will remember, and he will be able to open the barrier too."

"Open the barrier?" Papyrus sat down in the chair while Herbert continued to stand. "I don't understand. We need a 50/50 monster and Sans isn't having children. They . . . they were taken away. Don't you remember what I told you on the phone, Gaster?"

"Oh. Well, he should be now. If not, I'm sure he's probably out there making a little monster chap right now." Herbert bent down and nudged Papyrus with a wink.

" That's not really my concern," Papyrus said softly,"but it's doubtable. Little monsters are difficult to have. Besides, it would be a terrible thing to happen that fast after everything."

"What do you mean? Fast is good. They could open up the barrier." Herbert gave an impatient huff. A rubbing sound was heard near him and he glanced down. Beside the white couch was a muddy dog scratching his ear next to it. The coat was like cake batter gone wrong and the only thing dry on it was the dry mud covering up half it's name tag. "Sup," it said to him. "You didn't step in some kind of doody, did ya W.D?"

"What, doody? I haven't done a-oh, look, a ball." Herbert picked up a ball near the couch. "You want the ball?"

"Rather have a burger," the dog said as he scratched again. The mud was splattering against the couch. Frisk was a good natured woman, but Papyrus should certainly be saying something.

Herbert drew his attention back toward the skeleton who seemed to stare off into nothingness. "This couch and dog. Notice anything wrong?"

"Just another Sans," Papyrus said as he slumped deeper into the chair. "They'll be moved Underground soon. I doubt Frisk much cares about what Dog Sans is doing to her couch."

"Hey?" The dog stopped scratching and stared at Herbert, lightly sniffing his leg. "Somethin' up?"

"I did promise to let you visit a collie of some sort." Herbert changed the subject and went past the couch and down the hallway, making his way outside.

"Really? What, now?" The dog gave a slight whine. "If I had known that, I wouldn't be like this. Hey, somebody give me a bath!" He howled and raced with his muddy paws toward Papyrus. He wagged his tail as he jumped onto his lap. "Wash me!"