Chapter 23: Get Off of That Mountain

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

---------------------- 

To Amanda's Van . . . 

Undyne flipped off a car that cut her off and honked the horn. "Wretched human, wait your turn!" 

"Hey, fuck you!" 

"I could kill you in a second if I wanted to!" 

"Undyne, watch the road, and stop fighting with the human, please," Alphys begged, covering her eyes. 

"Maybe I should drive instead?" Papyrus offered. "Undyne? We want to get to Sans in one piece. He just found out he was a father, which is fantastic news, but for the wrong reason, which is dreadful news." 

Amanda groaned toward the back of the Van. "Will all of you just shut up two seconds?" She had an ice pack on her head and pointed to Asriel. "You were supposed to be the one to drive." 

"It didn't sound like something I wanted to do," Asriel said. "I took the skill. Get off my back, 'Chara'. I am upset enough hearing that you left me as a flower." 

"I didn't do it, and I brought you back," she complained. "Undyne picked up more of my bad habits in driving skills. Or she's more drawn to them. Papyrus, you should drive if Asriel won't." 

"You see?" Papyrus countered Undyne. "The human says I should drive too." 

"I'm not playing favorites," Undyne said, "and I am an excellent driver. Leave me alone and get off my back. I was the first selected to drive." 

"Then I realized my mistake, and gave the ability to Papyrus," Amanda complained. "We're in the mountains, you've got to be more careful. You might accidentally flip off a cop. I did that once and it wasn't a good time at all." 

"He's too worried about his brother though," Undyne reminded her. "I am focused on driving while he almost ran us into a tree when he tried." 

"I can focus this time. I can be more careful," Papyrus pleaded. "I want to catch up to Sans." 

"I suppose I could drive?" Jeanine said softly from the corner. "If there is a problem with driving? Is there a problem with driving?" 

"Look, I don't care then who drives, just lower the decibels. I lost part of my humanity the hard way and my head hurts!" Amanda complained. 

"At least you know how to throw a spear right." 

"Yeah, 'cause that's going to help out in life." 

"You learned how to make different kinds of spaghetti." 

"Yeah, 'cause that was a life skill I needed." 

"You learned about different kinds of anime?" Alphys whined. "I'm sorry, I didn't donate much. I figured that math might hurt your brain." 

"You can drive but it still scares you," Amanda complained to her. "And yeah, knowing how MewMew Kissy Cutie ended, totally life changing for me. Still, better than Asriel. Already knew a lot about flowers." 

"Oh, shut up," Asriel complained right back to her. "Just go enter a flower competition and that extra knowledge will be useful. Now, can we just concentrate on catching up to them? I am sure Frisk is just freaking out about all of this." 

"For the last time, we aren't catching up to them, we are meeting with them where I told them to go," Amanda said. "We can't catch up, we're more than an hour behind." 

"I know. I just, I want to get to Sans as soon as possible," Papyrus insisted.

"And Frisk. I don't need Frisk to be all alone right now," Asriel said. "She probably feels like her whole time down there was meaningless, that no one cares, and that she had no other purpose than for this to happen."