Chapter 35: Will B. Shortensweet

fun level 74 Original MC Sans and Frisk

"No. No more times." 

They each turned and saw Sans. 

Having King Asgore actually welcome a human with open arms to the Underground made no sense. None. Having him, the laziest piece of nothing in the Underground responsible for watching said important human? Made less sense. Sans called Undyne, telling her about what happened, and demanded she watch Frisk instead. With the king demanding she be kept safe, Undyne had no choice to oblige, and Sans took off to see if Papyrus had a say so about the strange incident. But, he saw King Asgore already in a conversation. He demanded Papyrus take him into the ruins, into a special area where there was the tiniest froggit. 

Sans headed into the ruins, but used his own skill to keep track of them. When he spotted them, they were heading out a hole. A hole. 

An actual hole out.

After they headed out and away, Sans came out and did the same thing. He heard Papyrus yelling 'curses!' And it didn't take long for him to figure it out either as he was bombarded with memories of the surface again.

Uh oh. Frisk. She was in danger down there, getting thrown around, and even he used his magic a little to aid her, moving her around even more. The souls were probably four weeks now too, that was getting dangerous! He overheard them talking about a control panel, and once again followed along. 

Until now, they hadn't even realized he'd been there, just lurking in the shadowy part of a room. But getting told that they were about to trap him and her down there? No. "Just, gonna hand over Frisk to me, huh?" Sans said. "Cause yeah, she loves being treated like a container." 

"Sans," Papyrus began. "Brother, it's safer down there than up here. Frisk's mother could get you everything you need-" 

"I can handle myself, I can handle Frisk, and I can handle taking care of those souls," Sans said. "What I can't handle? Is knowing you willingly wanted to trap us down there! That's worse than last time, Papyrus." 

"You need a plan," Papyrus said. "What is your plan, hm? To just try and buy a car and drive in the cover of night, and hope that no monster can find you in the meantime? Hope that none of them starts to age Frisk up again? It's dangerous for her and you that way." 

"Your brother is right, Smiley Idiot," Asriel agreed. "You're too close. No one will suspect you and Frisk being in that barrier." 

"Yeah, 'cause there's no monster stupid enough to want to be in it and let themselves be manipulated again," Sans warned them.  

"I cut that chord, Brother," Papyrus said confidently. "Everyone is free. We can just blow up this place, and-" 

Sans sighed briefly as he kicked a rock. 

"You know this is for the best," Papyrus stated.  

"Whatever, Pap," Sans answered. He wasn't as bitter as he appeared. They were right, technically, no one could bust into the Underground after them. No one would try and even mess with them because no one would believe they would be in there of all places. 

But Frisk was completely human, and she was about to transition to the tougher period. Those little souls were about to really start to grow inside of her, into . . . little monsters. His little monsters. She needed food that wasn't down in the Underground. She needed stability.  

He knew what he needed to do. "Who's lighting the candle? I'd join in with the birthday song, but I need to get back to Frisk." 

"I will," Prince Asriel said, "Sneaky skeleton. Fine, head back and go to Frisk. I'll head out afterwards. Papyrus, it's your duty to contact Frisk's mother. Tell her she needs to have a house in six months that is far away."