Chapter 36: Unravel

Chapter 36: Unravel 

(Song-Fiction Chapter)

I just don't get it - just don't get it, please help me understand.
So what have I become? Please tell me if you can,
The world is changing, spinning, breaking, I don't know who I am.

You're smiling at me,

Pretending you can't see.

The world shifted back to my past. The broken household I live in once again flashed before my very eyes. I can feel the distance lingering in the air, the empty hugs shared between me and my own family. It was the time where I was lost. The time before I met L. The smiles we shared were hollow, the love we declared was nowhere to be found.

What happened to us? When did we become so empty? When did we become so blind? When did we become so hollow?

Something has changed, way deep down inside, the pieces just don't fit.

I'm broken now, so, why should I try? I'll bare this pain within.

I was brought back to reality with just a single snap. Beyond was in front of me. He was once again there to bring pain, he was now there to bring my nightmares into reality.

"It's a shame you can't scream, but it's okay. Your face twisting in such agonizing pain makes up for it."

"W...h..y...?"

"So she speaks."

"W...h..y... Ar...e.. Y..ou... Do..i..ng.. T..h...i..s?"

Freeze.

I'm breaking yet unbreakable - I'm crazy but, I have control.

I'm searching but I know I've found ...

"Monsters drive humans to do something. Monsters are pulling our strings and we keep falling for the bait.

Let's just say, I fell for it. Dear (Name)-chan."

I'm standing here watching the world collapse around me,

You're so close but I hope that you stop searching,

I don't want you to see what I've become.

"Just break already! How can you fight the insanity?! How can you pull yourself up!?"

"How can you save yourself!?"

The crimson-eyed male snapped, his knife carving itself into her tender flesh. Anger flashed in his eyes as he stared at your form.

"Y-you're so weak." He stuttered, tears forming in his eyes. His voice was breaking.

"So how can you fight against it?"

So please stop looking.
I can't control the world that we've all been thrown in,

And I couldn't bare to hurt you, I want this to end.

So please I'm begging, won't you leave me alone?

It's better if you go ...

"(Name). I'll find you, I'll kill that bastard. I-I'll kill him! (Name)! Please be okay... Please keep holding on. I know I'm selfish, but please, I don't want to lose someone anymore."

The audio played over and over again in Beyond's command. He was laughing at you, taunting you how Near will never find you. How you won't get your ending.