Chapter 32: Near

Chapter 32: Near

Your POV

"Beyond! No! There are so many children here, don't do it!"  I screamed desperately, trying to get him to abandon his plan of burning Wammy's to the ground while I tried to free myself from the ropes he had tied my hands with.

"Kya ha ha ha ha ha ha! Reaaalllyyy? Are you dumb (Y/N)-san? Of course I won't care about anyone dying here at all! Do you think you can really try to get me abandon a plan that I've thought about for days? Nope! Nopety nope!" He responded, smiling widely. Beyond gave the place one last look before throwing the lighter to the gasoline-soaked orphanage.

The place sparked up and the fire had spread immediately. The image of this orphanage, burning and burning and burning... it was stuck to my memory forever.

I slowly began tearing up as realization hit me. Everyone was in there.

NO! NOT THEM! NOT HIM! NEAR! 

I screamed in horror as I saw the figure of everyone burning and hear them wail out in pain. Near, his once pale skin was charred and was slowly turning to ash. Mello, his already scarred face burned as he tried to decipher what was happening, then Matt, his red hair had bursted into flames. A, X, Y, Z, Linda, Aphra. Everyone... Everyone I knew in Wammy's, was slowly burning to their deaths.

I couldn't do anything about it. Beyond dragged me to his car as I did nothing to struggle once I realized there were no screams coming from Wammy's anymore.

I sat on the back, wide-eyed as tears dripped every now and then. Beyond long since removed the ropes while my hands stayed at my side. No movements.

What had happened? 

Did they really... die? 

No.

No!

NO!

THEY'RE NOT DEAD! THIS HAS TO BE A DREAM OF SOME SORT! I- They- They can't be!

My vision was red, I had accidentally activated my Shinigami Eyes and as my sight drifted to the car's front mirror, I saw the numbers.

I can see it floating above his head. Upwards, downards, up, down, up and down. I can never take my eyes of the numbers' movements, it feels like they were all staring back even if they're just numbers.

Just numbers, eh? No. They are what makes up a person's life span. More importantly, Beyond Birthday's life span.

Any minute now.

Headlights.

Sirens.

Screams.

Silence.

It was all too familiar. The breaking of glass, the broken car, the screaming of people around. The bloody bodies of people who were affected by the crash.

I slowly crawled away from the car. Beyond's bleeding body was crushed underneath a pile of debris. 

He's dead.

Everyone's dead. My family, the SPK, Matt, Mello, Roger, The Wammy's. L. Near.

Even my captor was dead.

I didn't die. I was kept alive, it wasn't luck. It was meant to be. 

Someone had planned this to happen from the start.

Who can? Who can kill everyone off and leave someone to die with their designated life-span? Who can see everyone's names? Who has the power to see everything that's going on?