Chapter 13: White

Chapter 13: White

Your POV

I knocked on the albino's room in the middle of the night. You might be asking why. It is because my head was all confused and I feel like crap. Every emotion was hitting me like a ton of bricks, I wonder if these emotions are all of those that had been locked up in these past weeks.

I shivered as the cold air hit me when I opened the door. I wonder why his room is so cold. Near sat beside his bed, assembling a white blank puzzle with a thousand pieces. He seemed to place the right pieces so easily and flawlessly like he's made to do it.

Near's room was all white. The floor, the bed, the desk, the curtains and even the walls are all white. Every corner of the room seems to be white. Well, this is Near we are talking about after all.

"Y/N," Near spoke in a whisper yet it was still in a monotone as expected, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked quietly, I can't even talk right, I'm so weak and I don't even get why.

"Do you need anything?" Near asked in a monotone as he put the last piece on the puzzle board.

Near's POV

"Do you need anything?" I asked blankly while I finished putting the last piece on the puzzle board. This is my way of thinking peacefully and effectively. People might find it odd but I honestly don't mind.

I don't mind anything at all.

Liar.

That voice was back. The voice that keeps nagging me about my thoughts and feelings. I hope it just goes away forever and never bother me anymore.

You know that would never happen. I am a part of you. If I die, you die too. And if you die, I follow suit.

It's the longest thing it had spoken. Mostly it's just a bunch of liar's and why's. This is one of the things that is hard to understand.

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt warm arms wrap around me. I realized right away that it was Y/N. She hugged me from behind and buried her head on my back. I felt hot and wet tears fall down from her eyes.

Is she actually crying?

I kept a blank face although I felt the opposite of it. Thoughts that I can't decipher and understand. Some confusing emotions swirled in the pit of my stomach although I do not want those.

I felt relieved most of all, it reminds me that I am not just a solving machine. I am a human myself. A human that can feel emotion, but what's happening now? I usually had a peace of mind. The only thing I was thinking is a way to expose Kira and avenge L of his death.

"Why?" I asked Y/N blankly. "Why are you crying?"

"It... H-hurts." She barely said but I managed to catch it, I am a good listener after all.

"Are you in pain? Where does it hurt?" I asked her, although I know myself that she is suffering from emotional pain rather than physical.

"I-inside me. I-it hurts Near. Every event that had happened finally sank into my head." She managed to say. Every event?

"Every event? Is there something going on that the SPK had no knowledge about?" I asked.

She heard me perfectly, but she pretended not to and continued crying. I guess I have to give her time, it's either she had been keeping secrets or it was just the Death of her parents and the things that had been happening to the Kira Case. T contacted us about Soichoro Yagami's Death and that Mello's body wasn't found. It's either he escaped or he was blown up along with the explosion that he himself made.

I faced her and cradled her in my arms. I was still stiff and tense because I wasn't used to these kinds of affections. She kept crying but I didn't mind, Y/N needs a shoulder to cry on so why not give her that. (A/N: OMG WAT, THAT's so OOC. COME ON NEAR, U LIKE READER-Chan.)

'Expose Yagami Light.'

I can still hear L's words through the video he made. He knew all along that Light Yagami is Kira. He wanted evidence because his word alone cannot capture him. By the results of his death, he might have been so close that's why Kira had to rush a plan and kill him.

"If you can't win the game, If you can't solve the puzzle. Then you're just another loser."

I respect L so much honestly. I wasn't pointing him as a loser when I said those words. He is far from a loser. I just had to put a facade of not caring or else people would view me as weak and they'll have a good idea of what my weakness would be.

Sometimes I wonder, do I lock my emotions unknowingly or I just feel fewer emotions than what others do?

'Expose Yagami Light. I believe you Near... And Mello. Although I too believe that you two aren't working together. I don't know if could talk you both out.  Yes, there are things I too do not know...' L said on the video.

I will, L. I will expose Light Yagami. He had done far too much. What right does he have to judge who lives and dies?

Nothing. No-thing. And yet, he kills people like he's some kind of God.

A sick sense of justice. Setting judgment upon criminals. Killing with a supernatural notebook. Thinks of creating a perfect world to live in while he rules it.

I'm only 10% certain. But I think that Kira had become a monster just because of hunger for power. Hunger to become The God Of A New World.

It's scary what greed does to people.

************

This one's a filler! Sorry for such a short chapter and me taking too long to update. We had to go somewhere really important. 

And as I said, it will be taking some information/scenes/events that happened in The Death Note TV Drama Series. If you haven't seen it, basically. L made a video just in case he dies.

L. He'll be forever battling Kira. Even if he is physically dead. Damn right L.