Chapter 18 Part 1: Shinigami

Chapter 18: Shinigami

"So how's Gelus goin'?" Dan asked his friend.

"He turned to ashes. Gelus probably saved some human, that was a long time ago. Weren't you informed?" The other Shinigami asked.

"Nah. I was finding Y/N over here. The legendary Half Shinigami." Dan said, finally acknowledging my presence.

"Half Shinigami? Are you a Half Shinigami? I'm Phil by the way." Phil said.

"Yeah. That's what I've heard." I responded to both of his questions.

"Hmm, Dan. I didn't know you work for a Half Shinigami, anyway- Wait What?! YOU'RE A HALF SHINIGAMI?!" Phil suddenly screamed.

I nodded my head awkwardly. "U-uh. Yeah." was my reply.

"You're the daughter of the Shinigami King! The past one I must say. I was his left hand much to how Dan's his right. How you doin'?" He asked. 

I tried to skip over the fact that he mentioned half shinigami too many times. 

"I'm doing fine?" It was more like a question than an answer.

They continued their discussion and I stood there awkwardly, after a few minutes. I spoke up.

"Uhm. I'm going to take a bath. Go somewhere else and discuss. I'll buy you your candies once I have permission to leave later." I said and went straight to the shower room. Their voices faded so I know that they went somewhere to talk about things. 

Seriously, it's like they haven't seen each other for a hundred years. Which is probably the case.

I walked back to my desk and grabbed my phone. Heading back to the bathroom, I removed my clothes and opened the shower to let the warm water flow down. I played a random song from my playlist.

"Test my reality, Check if there's a weak spot,

Clinging to insanity, In hopes, the world will ease up.

  Try to make it look like it's all somehow getting better.

'Cause I know how to play it pretty well against the measure.

  Everyone started out a little insane.

But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game.

But some of you never learned to drop the act.

So under that skin of yours: a heart attack." I paused, waiting for the right time to sing along with the song while I washed my hair.

"Cause everybody's so scared. 
We don't wanna go there.

We don't wanna make a move. We got all our lives to lose.

Screaming in the dark while we just play our part out

I play along. Like I don't know what's going on

Somebody make a move. Somebody make a move.

Please, somebody, make a move.

We all know. We all know what's going on."

Honestly, It's ironic how it relates to what's happening right now. People won't wake up on the truth that Kira isn't justice. He said that he hated killing others, then why is he killing criminals? He doesn't kill 'innocent' people? Then why the hell did my parents die? Why did L die? He killed everyone who got in his way. That's the truth. If he would somehow succeed to create the new world -which I won't let him do it- then it would just be tyranny.