Chapter 21: Erratic

Chapter 21: Erratic

Your POV 

My eyes shot open.

A click. A stutter. Then silence.

I stared at the ceiling above me, for some reason I still felt some kind of emptiness even after I regained all, and I mean all, of my memories.

And Holy Cousin of Unicorns! I met L! I can't believe it, the greatest detective in the world had saved me from dying + he asked me a favor + he told me his real name + he told me who Kira is + he  basically gave me a gift = This made me realize, I didn't even go to this so called 'Yami City' yet!

But guess what, I realized the saddest thing ever.

He died.

He really did.

And I felt like I could've done something.

I am such a horrible, horrible person.

I can remember everything, the part of my childhood, my family problems, and even the moment I met L. But was that really everything? There is still this part where I can't remember anything of it. Something where one of the most shocking experiences of my life happened.

I have this weird feeling, it's something about those Shinigami again.

Oh God of Unicorns, please don't let it be connected with my creepy father who seemed to stalk my mom so much.

I noticed the room all around me was colored white, every single corner of it.

"You're awake." The monotone I all knew too well, spoke.

Ah, Of course. Here we go again.

-Timeskip-

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"No. That makes no difference at all."

"Puh-leeeease?"

"Still no."

For the past hour, Halle had tried to talk to me. Which of course was really surprising considering we never really interacted before. And she told me to go into some kind of party with her, Gevanni, Rester and even Near.

Along with the lines of 'relaxing up' and 'because of stuff'.

"Near will be going!" She tried to bribe me, which of course didn't even make sense.

"That's unbelievable but I'm still not interested," I said while I continued reading an interesting book.

"It'll be interesting I swear! He's going to wear something other than white. And besides, this is not just any party. It included all children of Wammy's, like a gathering. Requested by L himself." She said.

"You should go. You still need to buy my precious candies too." A gruff voice said. Oh great, here he comes. Dan the Shinigami, Yay!-not.

"Fine. I'm going." I sighed.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She squealed like a fangirl who was teleported to the anime world. Actually, that's cool. Being teleported to the world of anime, getting to meet your favo-

"We have to get you a dress! A new one at that." She exclaimed and dragged me out of my chair, interrupting my thoughts. I smiled sadly at her from behind. She was just like my sister, I guess they both have this in common.

She excitedly smiled as the doors of the surveillance room opened. Both Gevanni and Rester raised a questioning eyebrow at us.

Near on the other hand was continuing a puzzle with the letters N, M, a lowercase M and L printed on it.