Chapter 18 Part 2: Your Teeth Can Be Considered As Yellow

Your POV.

"It seems like everything had been going the way just as you planned, Near." Mello smirked, taking a bite out of his chocolate for the third time.

"Yes, and that's because to everything you have done." Near blankly stated, finding his toy-train more interesting than anything or anyone in the room.

"Shut up Near!" Mello screamed as he pointed a gun at Near. He would not dare to shoot, right?

Wrong.

He shot.

Bleh, I'm joking. Don't panic. I'm crazy sometimes I swear.

"I'm not just a tool for you to use on your own puzzles!" He screamed angrily.

"Go on. Shoot me if you can." Near said, his face betraying no emotions. Is he crazy? This is Mello we're talking about. He blows shit up! Of course he can shoot you Near!

I stepped in front of his gun. His eyes widened for a while before it went back to normal. There it is again, I can see the longing and surprise. Along with the familiarity.

"This is what Kira wants. If you shoot Near then we have to shoot you too. You will both die and Ta'Daa!  The next month we'll find ourselves all dead while Kira rules his 'perfect little world'." I snapped at him. Mello get your head clear!

"Good point." He said, lowering down his gun while Gevanni, Rester, and Halle still eyed him suspiciously. Guns on their hands.

"Whew. Now that's taken care of. What brings your cross-dressing ass here, taking me as hostage while I was enjoying taking a damned shower?" I asked him. He glared at me when I said the part cross-dressing ass and I could've sworn I saw a hint of a faint smile on his lips. For all we know I could be hallucinating. I mean, Mello? Smiling? Hell nah, you need to take a check up.

"I simply came here to take back that photograph you have of me." Mello said to Near. Silly thoughts went racing on my mind. The center of them?

'I wonder what kind of photograph.' thoughts.

And.

Yaoi.

It was a giggle at first. Then I burst out laughing.

"AHAHAHAHA!" My stomach hurt so much, It was a small matter to laugh about but laughing felt too good to pass up. When was the last time I laughed like this? And over a silly thought? I might need a brain therapist or something.

Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy, it was so Deja Vu, like everyone once did it to me before. I got my brains back and stopped laughing, breathing a few more breaths and calming down.

Everyone's head was looking over at me. Even Near looked at my direction. Oh gosh, I must have looked crazy.

"S-sorry. I- Sorry." I mumbled apologies.

Silence.

"Sorry okay? A though filled my mind and... Laughing just feels too good to pass up. It feels nice to laugh." I said.

Silence.

"Near just fucking give Mello the thing he wants and after that I can ask him shit." I said, people on the room looked taken aback at my sudden cursing.

"Y/N your swearing can be considered as disrespectful," Near said.

"And your teeth can be considered as yellow." I retorted. Mello seemed to laugh at my retort. Probably because it insulted Near and Mello hates him.

Near ignored my retort. He held up a photograph that he had shown a couple weeks back. It was a younger Mello, on first look it shows a picture of a young child with a dazzling smile along with his blonde hair and blue eyes.

What I can see though is a child, eyes sparkling with determination, despair, longing, and pain. Something he could hide but not pretty well.

Can't blame him. He was always second, the one under Near. I can relate to him, I can remember the times when my parents would look at me as if I was the black sheep of the family, the problem, the nuisance, their eyes filled with disappointment as if they expected something better.

Back in the days where suicide is all I could ever think about. I tried it, a couple of times. Each try failing and no one knowing. Because I was afraid, I wasn't yet ready to die.

But then I also remembered the day I made up my mind. The day I climbed up unto the flat roof of a building while it was heavily raining, it was the only building high enough to kill me when I fall, and is easy to climb up.

After that, it was a blur. I can only see an outline of a raven-haired man with pale skin. His figure was slouched and everything was all blurry. I guess something from my memory was jogged up. That surprised me mire than ever, bits of my life had been taken away from me and I don't even know why.

Near threw the picture to Mello as the blonde boy caught it. He looked at the back of the picture and noticed something was written on it. I snuck a look cause I can.

'The offer is still open.' A neat yet kind of jagged hand-writing was in it. A hand writing of a boy's.

But I could tell, from the looks of Mello. This came from the one and only, Near. Offer? Yaoi thoughts... Okay snap out of it Y/N, this must be something serious.

"I would never work with you," Mello said bitterly. Oh, I get it.

"I know that," Near replied.

"But I couldn't just leave now without giving something in return right? It is Equivalent Exchange after all." Mello smirked, he glanced at me when he said the part 'equivalent exchange' and honestly,  something struck me. I just can't find out what.

"Equivalent exchange? That sounds like a childish perspective." Near said.

"I don't have time for your smart-ass remarks Near! Now do you want to hear what I would like to say? Because I believe that you would be glad I told you!" Mello screamed in rage. Aw crap, he snapped.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Calm down! Geez he-man!" I said. He stiffened at the contact. Please don't shoot me. Please don't.

Okay, he didn't. I sighed in relief when Near spoke up. At the same time, I removed my hand from his shoulder.

"Speak up now then." Near blankly stated.

"The Death Note belongs to a God of Death. Whoever can touch the notebook can see or hear it, along with it comes a trade with the God of Death which he will give you the Shinigami Eyes in exchange for half of your life span. This shinigami eyes will help you see the name and life span of a person. Also, two rules on the Death Note are fake." Mello explained. I tensed, they have already figured out this far.

Halle, Gevanni, and Rester had put up WTF expressions on their faces.

"What the hell?"

"That's Crazy!"

"Who would believe you?"

"I would." Near said blankly. "There is no point in lying, it won't do him any good. So in all points, I believe him. Thank you for that Mello." Near had said. Oh I can feel it, Near! You boosted his ego!

"And now I believe there is something you would like to talk about?" Mello asked me after a lot of smirking about Near's statement.

"Yes, you cross-dressing chocoholic. Halle can I please borrow your gun?" I said to Halle. She handed me hers and I became excited about holding one.

Mello chuckled. "You can't shoot."

I was about to retort back when he basically dragged me outside into my room. "Speak up, you better be fast." He said.

I sighed. I can finally get answers, at least. I could confirm if this guy right in front of me was a part of my past or if it was just my silly imagination.

Dedication: DeathNote4Ever