Chapter 9: L's Fraud

Your POV

(FIRST PERSON)

I put myself on in the line. Getting an earpiece and putting it in my ear to listen to the conversation. SPK members that were in here also put themselves on the line. 

"L number two? What do you mean by that?" A synthetic voice said on the line. The masked voice was pretty much different from the one on TV when L confronted Kira indirectly.

This must be Light Yagami.

"There's really no point in trying to hide it. We are a new organization known as the SPK or the Special Provision for Kira. It was established to capture Kira without the help of L." Near said in his monotone voice. Twirling locks of his hair with his other free hand. 

"Furthermore, several top members already knew of L's death." Near paused. Giving Light to react at the situation.

"As for myself. I am the center of the SPK. You can address me as N." Near said. The other line was silent, it's either he's processing the words Near spoke about. Or he's feeling something else, a feeling that only Kira would feel in this kind of situation. 

Fear.

Shock. 

Anger.

All because of the successor for his number one enemy. L.

Actually, I already have this feeling deep inside that is telling me something. 'Light Yagami is Kira.'  but I do not have any proof so... screw that.

"N. We need your help with director Takimura's death. Will you work with us in this investigation?" The other line suddenly spoke. Huh, that's a bit strange. After all of those shocking information, he would suddenly ask that? 

Totally Suspicious. 

"Alright. I'll check the case, We will be contacting you later." Near said. Light was starting to say something but Near rudely interrupted him and ended the call. 

"Gevanni. Please check the case and send copies through this device." Near requested to a man with black hair while he was in deep thought. What's he thinking about?

"Okay." The 'Gevanni' guy replied. Getting to work instantly.

A few minutes of silence later, Gevanni sent a file through Near's device as Near clicked on it. 

"Kanichi Takimura, Director of the National Police Agency. He was kidnapped and held ransom for the killer notebook." Near started to inform us. 

"The killer notebook?" I asked. 

"Oh yes. We forgot to mention earlier, Kira is punishing criminals through a killer notebook. A death note. It is simply stated that whoever's name is written in that notebook will die. I will send you a copy of some rules later." Near told me. A Death Note? Must be a belonging of a Death God or something. And come on, writing a name on it will kill a person? I thought it would actually run around, shout 'This is Sparta!' and then go slashing people.

"The kidnappers probably knew about this Death Note. Which brings me a suspect or two. Later on, Takimura died and Sayu Yagami, the daughter of Soichiro Yagami was the replacement for Takemura." Near informed. 

"Which leads me to the question, who killed the director?" Near added. Pausing as he continued to work on a dice tower.

"Who killed Takemura? U-uh. The kidnappers of course, who else?" A blonde man said.