Chapter 20: Flashbacks

Your POV

Memories came rushing into my head. They were flashbacks that filled in the gap of my memory. From my childhood to now. Names kept appearing like a series of words.

Mihael Keehl.

Mail Jeevas.

Kiyomi Takada.

Cyle (l/n).

A few more names struck to me but only one stood out the most.

L Lawliet.

Who was he? More flashbacks and memories came to me, I started to realize what was missing.

Cyle (l/n) was my brother. Two years older than me. Matt, he always loved gaming and his goggles. He can never be seen without a gaming device. Mello, he loved chocolates more than his life. Takada, she was once a nice friend. I can't believe I forgot all of these.

I also remember about my Equivalent Exchange deal with Matt and Mello when we watched this anime. About my childhood, my brother and everything I have to remember

For some reason, I saw a picture of a man slouching with pale skin, raven-black hair, panda-like dark gray eyes with dark eye bags underneath.

'L Lawliet.'

'My name is L Lawliet.'

'Even.. only you.'

'Don't forget my name.'

'... church bells.. ringing.'

'Why.. waste such. life?'

'Now this is one life I could save. The last one.'

I can hear his voice speak. The monotone and blank tone of speaking, the blunt way of telling he's gonna die soon.

Voices.

Pain.

Louder voices.

More pain.

A scream.

Relief.

Silence.

I was met with a scenery on top of a roof, it was heavily raining in the midst of the night. This was the night that I had tried to commit the one thing I had stopped my sister from committing.

Suicide.

There were tears in my eyes, I was in my body yet I can't control it. I sat be on the edge of a roof with my vision blurry. I didn't notice there was a man calmly looking out in the rain, I didn't notice how he silently walked out from the stairs inside the building.

"For a child like you, you should not be wasting your time by trying to end your life." He had said to me, looking as calm as possible, like there was no one on the roof who's about to end their life.

"What do you know?" I asked bitterly. Looking down on the city below me that I realized, even if I did die. No one would care, nothing of it would matter. It was just one death. I'm not someone special.