Chapter 5: Hollowness and Uncertainties

Near's Point Of View

The following days were occupied by thinking just as usual. Lingering thoughts and mysteries that bugged me to no end. Though recently, a new one was added, and that is Akamine (F/N). Reports I had found clearly showed that her whole family was killed, whether or not Kira killed her was the thing I cannot confirm.

Thinking back to what happened, it's very unlikely that her life was also ended along with her family, if Kira was planning to annihilate the whole of the Akamine's (If that's even her real surname) then he should've killed her right then and there.

I have researched almost everything I had to. They were the (Last/Name)s. A family too ordinary enough to change their whole identity and existence. It almost irked me, they were too normal for my liking, why is it that they find the need to hide who they are?

(F/N) Akamine or (Name)'s whole family and back story were completely normal. Nothing out of the ordinary and they for sure aren't criminals, so what was Kira's motives?

That bastard probably got the wrong information from the internet, where he gets all of the criminal's face and name. Kira should've known that the internet isn't reliable.

A plan formed in my head. In the record I've found about (F/N), it seems that she's intelligent and is quick to realize the situation. She could really be a help to us, a pawn and nothing else.

People call me heartless, I couldn't have agree more. And I couldn't have cared more.

'You're just denying things. Near.'

No.

'Yes, you are.'

I stayed silent, ignoring these voices that never seem to leave  me alone. They were the one who keeps denying, somehow, despite my heartless manner, my subconscious, or at least a part of me desperately longs for my attitude to change, for my whole facade to just end.

No matter, joining the Special Provision for Kira dangerous itself.  An estimated 86% chance exists that you'll end up dead. But then, her family was killed. She's surely planning for revenge now, if she's only on her own, there's that hundred possibility she'll be dead before she even landed a single finger on Kira.

It's decided then, I will call her. (F/N) would surely accept my offer to join the 'Task Force', I may be needing to explain to her later on that this is the SPK and not L's organization.

***

I sat on the floor with my left leg up, I continued the dice tower I was building while waiting for (F/N) to arrive. My cold pale hands grasped the dice, placing it in its proper order.

"Near, I think that may be her." Gevanni pointed at one screen on the right side. I glanced at it, it is indeed her.

She looked even more pale and blank. I observed her eyes on the screen as she walked through the hallway being guided by a member. Her eyes looked so dull, lifeless and empty. Obviously it was caused by her family's death, it doesn't take L to figure that out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pardon me, for I publish such short chapters.

IMPORTANT:

I'M AFRAID I MADE NEAR OOC AND RUDE. NO, NO, THAT ISN'T MY INTENT.

Edited. I mistakenly typed 'Matsuda' instead of 'Gevanni'. Damn, I never noticed that until now. 😂

-Potato