Chapter 24: Kira's New Spokesperson

Omniscient's POV

'Kiyomi Takada, I had a chance to meet her when she was a part of the debate program she was hosting. She was surely a fair host for the most part, but her attitude changed when Kira was mentioned. She clearly supports him, she had a unique sense of justice I can identify with. Not only that, she thinks like Kira. That makes her the most worthy for being the voice of Kira. God, I moved quickly.' Mikami thought as he smiled. Surely his 'god' wouldn't be disappointed with him now.

Task Force

Light stood up from his seat and faced the Task Force before him,

"Guys. I think we could make use of Kiyomi Takada..." Light started, voicing out his plan to meet up with Takada and 'use her'. While Matsuda and Ide agreed to this seeing it as a brilliant plan, Aizawa was hesitant. Nonetheless, they all agreed.

What they didn't know, a scheme was already in Light's head. Ready to be used at any moment he meets up with Takada.

Mello's Hideout/Apartment

"Mochi?" Misa spoke. "Yes?" Mogi asked nonchalantly.

"Your cooking is really good. I appreciate everything you're doing for me but it's been 5 days now!" She exclaimed.

"And?" The man with her said.

"Light doesn't know about you hanging out all the time does he? I'm getting a really bad feeling about this." She stupidly stated.

"Uh-huh." Mogi unconsciously responded.

"I mean, I know that Light trusts me. But won't other people start to say that I'm cheating on him? Oh, he'd be so jealous!" She once again said, unaware of the tiny camera video-feeding and recording her every move. Suspicious or not.

'Near and the others told me that this woman is supposed to be the Second Kira, but could it be this unbelievably stupid girl?' Mello thought as he watched the screen, eating a piece of his chocolate bar. While his accomplice Matt, continued to play video games without a care in the world.

SPK Headquarters

Your POV

My eyes widened for a little while when I saw the face of Kira's new spokesperson. Kiyomi Takada, my long time ex-best friend. I won't be surprised now if she was the one voicing out Kira's thoughts. Back when we were still kids she wanted all criminals to die. I even suspected her once as Kira or connected to Kira in a possible way.

"Good evening, this is the 9:00 news. First, I have an announcement that comes directly from Kira. Kira's words are the law of the world. Kira will never forgive those people who's a threat to justice, but he will not also forgive the people who refuse to contribute their abilities to the society." Takada announced the news. I sighed tiredly, when will this Kira case be over? I'm beginning to grow tired of these stupid people being used by Kira.

"Kira's targeting lazy people now huh?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Damn, right when I thought he and Zero had similarities." Halle replied to my earlier statement.

"Who's Zero?" Gevanni and I asked at the same time.

"Well, he's a character from an anime I watched when I was a bit younger named Code Geass. A character who gained the power of Geass so that when he makes eye contact with someone, the person will follow his orders. Zero tried to change the world, he kinda succeeded. The ending was sad though" Halle explained.