Chapter 31: Realization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

After the events that had taken place. Near, Roger and the woman who I learned was named 'Mey-Rin' filled me in on what they currently know. It was already nearly 3:00 so Near decided to delay the event into the next day.

I yawned and stretched my arms. "I'm so sleepy. Damn Beyond, popping out at the wrong time." I mumbled sleepily and dragged myself into Near's bedroom with him following behind me. I can feel Near's penetrating gaze behind but I honestly didn't think about it much at this moment.

Once we reached the bedroom, I lazily slumped down and closed my eyes. 

"Aren't you gonna change?" Near asked.

Groaning, I stood and picked out random clothes I can find then headed straight to the bathroom that was connected to Near's chamber. Ha ha, chamber. Like those in the movies. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.. ha?

Gosh, my sleepiness is driving me crazy. Like sleepy-crazy. Is there such thing? No? Too bad then.

I bumped into the door of the bathroom, hey it's not my fault it's too dark. The lights are off!

I opened it and switched the lights on. Quickly tossing my clothes aside and putting on the new ones. They're so comfortable, I don't know if I even clothes as comfy as these ones.

The moment I walked out of the bathroom, Near stared at me with his usual blank eyes. It was little wide before returning to their original size and a possible blush was on his cheeks. However I didn't know if he was really blushing or not, the room's light was switched off.

What the hell is he- Oh. Ooooh. 

I looked down at what I was wearing. No wonder they're so comfortable, it was Near's usual clothes!

"Oh." I said, realizing the situation.

Near didn't say a word, instead he kept quiet. So that means I can wear it? I hope so, I'm wearing it anyways. I already feeling so drowsy. 

"Sorry Near. I'm too sleepy to change." I apologized, yawning as I finally stumbled into the soft bed. Covering myself with the warm blankets seeing as the weather was quite cold.

"That's alright." He replied and muttered something that was too inaudible for me to hear. 

"Hm? What was that?" I asked, opening one eye to it's consciousness.

"Nothing." Near quietly replied, raising the covers and falling into the deep abyss of sleep.

Near's POV

What is this..? No, that's not it. Is this even possible?

I'm not naive, or rather, I do not want to be naive. I know something about what I'm feeling, it is not a temporary sickness nor a disease, although it might only be for a little while. It has nothing to do with those mentioned.

But I couldn't guarantee. No way such a toy-like person like me can feel these things. We're not allowed to, we are lacking the knowledge or experience to handle such thing and it will most likely be our weakness. 

My weakness. My soft-spot. It's what almost everyone I encountered wanted to know, either for filling their curiosity or using it against me. They will appear as predators, hunting me down as their prey. Like a wolf attacking a sheep.