Strangers no more

Zacznij od początku

“Not that kind of pull!” I slapped his arms

“Then what are you talking about?”

“Like being curious”

“Huh?”

“Like you saw your dog getting food from the table and you started following him to know where he would place it. Like you saw these kids cliff jumping and you became curious of how it would feel to jump off the cliff like them. Like us before when we were still watching our seniors perform and we would ask ourselves ‘how does it feel to perform just like them?’”

“Hmmmm.”

“Like this girl who was singing and you have this crazy feeling of wanting to know her, like her voice is pulling you to her” I finished as my heart was racing, I think I’m getting out of breath.

“Remember Cassandra?” I looked at him. Cassandra was this girl Chanyeol had a crush on before he came and joined EXO. On our first days together he would tell me these stories about the girl and how he started liking her.

“Yeah. What about her?”

“Did you not find it strange that I started liking a girl just because she said I was cute? You never asked about that before”

“Actually no. Why?”

“Cassandra was really pretty. She had charms. It doesn’t take a normal guy to be called cute by her” he started. I think this guy is just building up his ego again.

“She said I was cute and it’s not like that was the first time someone said that to me, but she was looking into my eyes when she said that. It feels good but strange. Something was telling me to go to her and with that I started following her around” He sighed

“What did you see?”

“There was this boy on the streets, he was crying. Cassandra stopped and looked at him. I swear I saw her eyes hurt that time. I don’t know what they talked about but the guy stood up, smiled at her and he began running away. I continued following her around and then she sat on the bench and started eating a popsicle then she saw this girl playing alone, she went to her and gave her the popsicle and whispered something to her. The girl smiled at her and started eating the ice cream. I got deeply curious about her.”

“So what did you do?” I asked. It was clear what he said but I got curious of what he did

“I went home” he answered. That wasn’t the answer I was expecting.

“What? Why’d you do that?”

“It was already getting dark that time and she got home. It’s not safe for a kid to go around walking at night"

I let out a sigh

“Then I saw the boy” he started talking again. I looked at him. He was staring blankly. “The boy who was crying earlier. He was already laughing. I asked him what happened to him awhile ago, he said he was bullied by his classmates. I asked him what Cassandra said. Everything became clear, what she was doing, why she told me I was cute and why I fell for her”

I never saw Chanyeol speak proudly of her before. He would always just say this cheesy things about her but he never talked like this before. He was smiling, a different kind of smile. A good kind of smile.

“What did she tell him?” I asked

“She told him ‘You were bullied by three people? Wooaah you must be strong that it would take 3 people to bully you. Don’t go around mopping like that. Show them your strength!”

Now I understand what the giraffe has been smiling about and now I understand why he fell for this girl. She is an amazing girl, a keeper.

“That was a keeper. Sucks that you got separated though” I said.