Chapter- 8

Danielle's POV-

The date would've been beyond amazing if I wasn't constantly thinking about the look on Parkas face.
I wasn't sure of it was sadness or disappointment or even anger, maybe it was all three, but I'd never seen him like that, it worried me.

"Hey Dani" I turned to see Steph standing behind me in the doorway. She was one of my best friends from high school, she was beautiful with her perfect olive coloured skin and mid-length wavy black hair. She had a seemingly faultless body that any guy would fall for, in fact in high school they did.

"Steph?" I couldn't believe she was here, it felt like we hadn't seen each other for ever.

"The one and only" she was as subtle as ever. She was normally sarcastically smug and that was one of the things we loved about her.

We hugged for ages but both turned when we heard the door open. And through it walked Ruby.

"Steph!" Ruby dropped her things and ran to hug Steph just about knocking her over.

"Ruby!" They both squealed and hugged so tightly that when they let go for me to join there were red marks on both of there arms. We all hugged but stopped when Mike walkedin,

"Uhh can you guys let me know if it's going to get all lesbian, rapy in here"

We huddled in a group over to Mike and forced him into the group hug.

"How long are you staying for?" Ruby finally stepped away.

"Ahh only a few weeks, if that's ok?" We shook our heads simultaneously than laughed.

"Are you kidding, you could move in permanently and we wouldn't mind"

"Thanks" she smiled at us all as she fell onto the couch.

We sat around and chatted about what we've been doing over the past year.

"I've gotta go and pick Lola up"

"Where from?" I asked

"A few blocks away from where she works, she won't let me pick her up from her work"

"What is with that" Ruby added.

"I don't know" he rolled his eyes as he walked out the door.

"Are they..." Steph started.

"Oh god no, Lola's still with Elijah"

"Really, still" her facial expression dropped.

"Yep"

"I really expected Mike and Lola to happen"

"Oh we all did"

"Anyway, how about you, how's your love life Steph?"

"There isn't one, there was this one guy but he wasn't for me, his mother was crazy and kept asking me when we were going to have children"

"What a nutcase"

"Yeah, but how about you Dani?"

"Well there is this one guy, he's a drummer in the band I sing in"

"Cute a drummer"

"Oh he's amazing, he has the most beautiful brown eyes, with light brown hair, his voice sends chills throughout my body whenever he talks"

"He sounds amazing Dani, how long have you known him?"

"Well I've known him for about two months or so, we met when I started work, I'm not sure if our relationship is official or not"

"What do you mean?" She squinted her eyes in confusion than leaned forward resting in her hand.

"Well we've only been on two dates"

"That's further than like five of the relationships I've had" she gave a sarcastic worried look.

We all laughed.

"So that brings us to you Ruby"

"What about me?"

"How's your love life?"

"There isn't one, I don't have time for that, not with work and school" she rolled her eyes and sunk back into her seat.

"Fare enough, but you deserve some fun" she rested her hand on Rubies leg, "We all do, when Lola gets back we should go out for some drinks"

"Sure" I nodded and looked at Ruby whom was also nodding.

We sat around and waited for Lola to get home. It was really the first time I had fully forgotten about Parka and focused on the actual relationship I had, even though I wasn't sure if it really was a relationship. It hadn't really come up, if it had earlier that day I didn't hear it. And it wasn't like I could just ask him 'hey so are we actually a thing or just friends', and it's not like we're in high school where realationship a were made public for everyone to know.

You never know-Parka & Daniellaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें