chapter-7

Parkas POV-

I was on my way to work when I just happened to glance into a little cafe where id usually stop and grab coffee but hadn't the time this morning, to see Dani with her new boyfriend. He was cradling her head.
I hated him. I hated the fact that he was sitting within a glance of her, I hated that he was holding her, I hated that he was with her.

I quickly turned when I noticed that she saw I was staring at them. I pulled my coat up and continued walking. Her face when she was looking at me, it wasn't a face that I had seen her direct towards me before. She looked at me like I was some homeless puppy that needed her help. Well I didn't, I was fine, she had someone else and I was perfectly fine.
That was a load of shit, I wanted her so badly that it was killing me on the inside.

When I walked into work I saw a pile of sparkle covered costumes. Soon bursting through the doors came Lola.

"hey"

"hey, I take it these are for you?"

"yeah, but I also wanted to ask you something"

"go for it"

"last night when Daniella came home with that guy, Koby?"

"yeah what about it?"

"you care about her, don't you?" As she spoke she bit her lip, as if she had said something out of line, she hadn't, I knew what was coming next.

"of course, why?"

"a lot?" She continued biting her lip.

"where is this going?"

"it's just that, I haven't ever seen someone be that protective of someone unless they are in two situations"

Great she had figured it out, was it really that obvious?

"one situation being, there are brother and sister, and the other being they are dating or he likes her...a lot"

"so?"

"you like her don't you"

"look can you just take your things to your secret job and leave me alone"

"it's ok Parka, I get it, but you do like her don't you"

"why should I tell you?"

"so you do?"

"is it really that important?"

"yeah it is, cause one of my friends cares a whole lot for the other but won't admit to it"

"fine, I like her, but nothing is ever going to happen, especially now she's with that drummer guy"

"Look Parka, yeah he's cute and he seems to have Dani infatuated with him...."

"This isn't really helping"

"Let me finish"
She levelled with me reminding me how tall she was.

"Fine"

"But you're you, funny, adorable, loveable Parka, all you need is the confidence to show her"

"How can I do that when I can barely look her in the eyes"

"Ahhh that feeling, look, I'm going to give you the same advice I was given when I was in your place"

"Oh great here we go" I rolled my eyes but quickly stopped when I noticed her giving me daggers.

"Look her in the eye, flirt a little, if she sends the signals back than make your move"

"Why would she flirt with me if she's infatuated with this other guy?"

"Because, I don't know.....I have a bad feeling about him"

"I told you he's a creep"

she chuckled a little.

"And I've told you he's cute, that's what gave me the bad feeling, he's too cute" she squinted as she said the words 'Too cute'.

"I don't get your girl logic"

"This guy seems like he's going to break her heart"

"If he dies I'll break him"

"Sure you will" she laughed, "I gotta go but I'll talk to you later"

"Enjoy whatever the hell it is you do"

She smiled as she walked through the door.

She was right, I needed to man up and do something about my feelings.

"Parka?" I heard a familiar voice call from the front of the shop.

I looked to see Steph. None of us had seen her since the end of high school when she went on a gap year. Steph was another member of out, I guess you could say "gang". She was shortish with black curly hair and mocha coloured skin. I was pretty sure that at some stage in our time of being friends all of us three guys had had a crush on her, she was probably one of the more seductive girls of the group.

"Hey, how did you know I worked here?"

"I messaged Mike to see where everyone was"

"And you came here because?"

"Well i missed you the most, plus you seemed to be the least busiest"

"Well thanks"

"Hey do you know how I can get ahold of Lola, she didn't answer and Mike didn't know where she was?"

"Nope, she was just in here though, she has some job but hasn't told anyone where it is or what it is"

"Dam, is it ok if I stay with you guys for a few weeks?"

"Sure" I fished out the keys from my back pocket and handed them over.

"Thanks I'll see you later"

"Ok, Mike will probably be me home soon"

"Ok, bye"

I couldn't believe she was back, no one had heard from her for the past two years, and now she was back and it was feeling even more like high school.