Chapter 18 - Paul's Accident...

'...Making love to only you, 

So hold- me tight, to-night, to-night 

It's you,

You you you - oo-oo - oo-oo...'

Marin heard her younger brother sing as she walked out to the garage. Her brothers' had made a little studio in the garage, temporary, and were recording their songs they had written on a CD. Richie being pretty good with technology was going to adjust it on the computer when they finished. He also had gotten a drum set, very cheep one, a friend was going to throw it away so he took it. 

"Hi, Marin!" John grinned. 

"Hi. Soundin good Paulie." She smiled at Paul, who smiled back.

"Its hot in here." Paul whipped his head.

"Mhm." Marin took the milk out and walked inside. "Bye."

"I always had a feeling like I've heard that song before." George put his guitar down.

"Maybe you heard Paul a while ago?" John asked, following George into the house.

"Paul, wanna help me with the disk?" Richie asked Paul who was standing there in a daze. "Hello..? Paul?"

Paul blinked and smiled at his older brother. "Yeah, Rich?"

"Nevermind." Richie said and took the CD out. "Come ed."

Paul didn't reply but kept examining his fingers. Richie turned around and walked back up to Paul. The younger boy looked into the older boy's blue eyes. Paul felt like they were trying to tell him something but he didn't know what.

"Paul, lets go." Richie pulled Paul. 

Paul backed up and hit the wall, then slid down it, beginning to cry.

"Now what?" Richie huffed. He sighed and got down to Paul's level and hugged him. "Whats wrong?"

"Everything."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothings wrong, im just, that song reminds me of the past."

"We didn't have to put it on CD." Richie twirled the thin disk on one finger.

"Richie, you know the walks i take in the afternoons?" Paul asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, i ran into, one of Them."

"Them? The killers?"

"Yeah, he handed me a note and kept walking past me."

"Wait if he walked right pass you, how do you know?"

"Because, i know from the note. Its this." Paul handed Richie a wadded up paper.

"Why didn't you show this to us?" Richie glared at Paul after reading the letter.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Its kind of important you know. You are mum and dad's son, and our brother."

"Not really."

"Now, Paul you know you are."

"No-"

"Legally you are."

"It wouldn't be that much of a lost now would it, if i died."

"It would to John, and out parents, and the girls. You know i cant stand girls crying." Richie made Paul smile with that last part.

"But it wouldn't really be that much of a lost."

"Paul, mum loves you like you were her own son, and since you came here at such a young age, thats what it seems like. I seem like i didn't have real parents, but these are my parents. Ya see?"