Chapter 7- Paul's Escape

The door opened to Paul's room. The crying boy lifted his head off his pillow. A hooded person came into the room. Paul screamed and jumped off the bed. He sat up and backed away. But the person only lifted a finger. Indicating him to keep quiet. The figure shut the door silently and turned around. It moved over to Paul and knelt on the ground. It's finger was telling Paul to come closer. Paul obeyed and slowly stood up and walked over to the person. The person picked him up and advanced to the door. Paul shook with fear. Who was this person. He caught a glimpse of a woman. She looked familiar. But why all the coverage, is what he couldn't understand. He began to struggle to save himself if necessary. 

"Stop!" She whispered to him, as she tried to hold him. 

Paul dug his fingers into her, but it didn't do anything because his nails were short. She grabbed him by his risks and held them with one hand. 

She lost her footing and they both fell to the ground. Her hood fell off and Paul realized who she was now.

"Mummy!" Paul ran to her and hugged her.

"Leave me!"

"But i wanna stay wit you." Paul cried.

"Leave!" She pushed him. 

Paul groaned as his back hit the ground. He rolled over. The manager of the orphanage came out and grabbed his mother.

"What are you doing!" He said to her.

Paul got up and ran the best he could. He didn't want to go back in that scary place. But he didn't know where he was going. He heard the manager's yell for him to stop but he kept on running. His legs were almost going out of him, but he kept running.

Paul stopped as he came along an alley way. He breathed heavily and looked back. No one was behind him. He walked the rest of the way. Looking this way and that, he found a little hole. 

Paul didn't notice anything so he entered. Nothing strange, just that there was a bag. But maybe it was put here for the morning. If he hides here for a bit it wouldn't matter. 

He took something out of the bag and began to dig through. There wasn't any food, a Paul was getting hungry. He didn't eat dinner because he was being punished. One reason why he hated that place. Kids looked on you as if you were an animal. People treat you like one. Thats not what Paul wanted. He just wanted a place where people loved and cared for you. They had recently broken down a hospital. Thats what he wanted, is a place where everything was normal, no one looked at you differently, which kids back at the orphanage pushed Paul around because of how he was dressed and acted. Paul realized he wasn't supposed to be this way, and it was all his mother's fault for not training him.

Paul's thoughts were eventually laid to the side as his eyelids began to close and all was at peace with him. Sleep had taken over him.